• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT worn out clutch symptoms?

Sylvain

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys.
I am at about 80,000 km on my 2016 nc750x dct.
I recently feel the gear changes are not as sharp as they used to even in normal very relax riding. Like the clutch is slipping about a second or less before it completely engages.

Would it be the symptom of clutch that starts to show its age?

I think an easy procedure to check clutch condition would be wide open acceleration from roll-on in 4th, into 5th, and into 6th. A slipping clutch pack would be apparent just like that of a manual transmission bike.

The smoothness of the shifts or small changes in shift points may be evened out by doing a clutch reinitialization but the ability of the clutch plates to not slip under power is a completely separate issue.

Last edited:
An easy thing would be to change the oil, main oil filter, and clutch oil filter. Be sure to use the Honda recommended oil.
What if an oil change had just been done? Why do it again? OP made no mention of last oil change km.

Last edited:
What if anoi. change had just been done? Why do it again? OP made no mention of last oil change km.
We don't know anything about the service history, that's why I made the suggestion. I worked in motorcycle service for years, some of the things I've seen are amazing. One owner wasn't aware his bike had an air filter.

Back