• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Exhaust comparison - Akrapovic vs. stock

I note practically no difference twixt the OEM and the standard Akra. Even with the baffle out the Akra wasn't that loud, but perhaps under load on the road it might be. However one noticeable difference is that with the baffle out the motor almost stalled each time the throttle was blipped. That did not happen with the baffle in or with the OEM.

The problem with video recorded by a phone is the audio almost never comes across that great. The mics are junk. I could've found a better angle or recorded the audio separately, which in retrospect would've been a better choice...that takes much more time which I don't have a surplus of. At this point I could make a better recording of the Akra w/o the baffle. Excuses, excuses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure about the stalling comment, it never sounded like it was going to, the motor wasn't fully warmed up. I've put 100 mi. or so on it since and the bike's running fine, no stalls or pops/backfires.

The problem with video recorded by a phone is the audio almost never comes across that great. The mics are junk. I could've found a better angle or recorded the audio separately, which in retrospect would've been a better choice...that takes much more time which I don't have a surplus of. At this point I could make a better recording of the Akra w/o the baffle. Excuses, excuses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure about the stalling comment, it never sounded like it was going to, the motor wasn't fully warmed up. I've put 100 mi. or so on it since and the bike's running fine, no stalls or pops/backfires.
Do you feel like the increase of growl was worth the money?

I recently purchased a 2015 NC700X with a Coffman exhaust. I probably wouldn’t have purchased the exhaust if the stock can was on it. I have to say it sounds incredible! Knowing what I know now I would highly recommend it. Baffles in, not a Harley but not quiet. IMO just right. I ride in town and hope the extra noise gets noticed in traffic. Also, phones do not capture the sound.

Back