• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello From Istanbul-Turkey

Blackeagle77

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Very best greetings from Istanbul. I've been using this great bike more than 1.5 years and having great fun while riding to my office or for leisure touring outside of city. Especially during heavy traffic times, this machine is absolutely wonderful. In Istanbul the traffic is always chaotic and NC is my best saver.

Actually I coincidentally noticed this forum while I was searching for some information about exhaust systems today and decided to be part of this great group as a NC user.

A brief introduction :) 37 years old and married for 11 years. Have a 9 years old boy. Working in a multinational consumer electronic company as a business control manager. I have a riding group which is called Peace Riders :) and regularly rides to outside of the city :) Of course with approval of wife :)

I shared couple of shuts :) Hope you like :)
Thank you very much

Regards
Oz

My city and my horse :)
IMG_0801.jpg

Peace Riders :)
photo (3).jpg

Bikes and Lunch (A bit fresh )
photo.jpg

Me ( Front Left holding beer) and group ( From every ages and :) ) There are more people but this time limited.
photo (1).jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Northeast Georgia. It looks like you have some beautiful scenery and lots of fun with your group.

A warm welcome, Oz! :D

Say hello to your Peace Riders from us here, looks like a great group of friends to ride with :)

Welcome from Little Rock, AR. I visited Istanbul a few times between the years of 1989 and 1993. I was in the American army and we trained with the Turkish army. We were part of a European unit called the AMF (Allied Mobile Force). For the most part we were all paratroopers.

Anyway, I have been there a few times. It was a great experience and something I'll never forget. I saw many of the popular sites. I've been to both Mosque's, the Grand Bazar (never seen so much gold in one spot), Galata Tower, and Chora Church. I remember crossing a bridge one time and being surprised to see a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). We also went to an underground tour where it seems like a basement filled with water. Something to that affect. I can't remember what that was. It's been too long. One of the things I remember the most is stopping at the shop around the Grand Bazar to get a bite to eat. You walked up to an open window on the front face of the store and the rotisserie was spinning with a huge chunk of meat. You could get a kebab and a coke for $1. I really enjoyed your city.

Welcome from Little Rock, AR. I visited Istanbul a few times between the years of 1989 and 1993. I was in the American army and we trained with the Turkish army. We were part of a European unit called the AMF (Allied Mobile Force). For the most part we were all paratroopers.

Anyway, I have been there a few times. It was a great experience and something I'll never forget. I saw many of the popular sites. I've been to both Mosque's, the Grand Bazar (never seen so much gold in one spot), Galata Tower, and Chora Church. I remember crossing a bridge one time and being surprised to see a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). We also went to an underground tour where it seems like a basement filled with water. Something to that affect. I can't remember what that was. It's been too long. One of the things I remember the most is stopping at the shop around the Grand Bazar to get a bite to eat. You walked up to an open window on the front face of the store and the rotisserie was spinning with a huge chunk of meat. You could get a kebab and a coke for $1. I really enjoyed your city.

If you have chance to visit again, probably you ll be more surprised due to changes :) Sultan Ahmet Squire is the most famous touristic area which is full of many historical landmarks like Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basalica Cistern where you visited, actually it was used to supply the water need of the city during Byzantium time. :) about KFC :) it is quite populer in Turkey and KFC is in Turkey since 1989 (Especially Hot Wings are our favorite :)) About small shops; That type of shops are very common in Turkey, which they are called Büfe :) (Like hot dogs stands). There is a misunderstanding about kebab ( Kebap in Turkish) word. Kebap is actually defining a group of southern and eastern style grilled meat meals, the famous one is DÖNER KEBAP which you mentioned :) if you translate döner to Turkish it is Spins or Turns (Simple Present Tense form) Because the guy is spinning the meat with a low speed in front of a vertical grill. It is quite cheap and delicious. Sorry :) I talked to much :) but I thought you may find them interesting :)

Take Care

If you have chance to visit again, probably you ll be more surprised due to changes :) Sultan Ahmet Squire is the most famous touristic area which is full of many historical landmarks like Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basalica Cistern where you visited, actually it was used to supply the water need of the city during Byzantium time. :) about KFC :) it is quite populer in Turkey and KFC is in Turkey since 1989 (Especially Hot Wings are our favorite :)) About small shops; That type of shops are very common in Turkey, which they are called Büfe :) (Like hot dogs stands). There is a misunderstanding about kebab ( Kebap in Turkish) word. Kebap is actually defining a group of southern and eastern style grilled meat meals, the famous one is DÖNER KEBAP which you mentioned :) if you translate döner to Turkish it is Spins or Turns (Simple Present Tense form) Because the guy is spinning the meat with a low speed in front of a vertical grill. It is quite cheap and delicious. Sorry :) I talked to much :) but I thought you may find them interesting :)

Take Care

I appreciate the reply. I would like to come back some day. I hope I can. The kebap you mentionedo nthe verticle grill is exactly what I was talking about. Those things are awesome. I'm not sure what kind of spices they put in the food but it was really good. I remember them having chopped onion and tomato too. I think. The KFC was new when I got there? LOL! I had no idea. We walked across a long bridge and there it was on the right hand side. We were really surrpised and had to eat there just to say we did it. I remember that area having hills too. Seemed the other side was a bit flat. Long time ago so can't remember everything. I have pictures somewhere at my house.

Thanks again for the reply.

I appreciate the reply. I would like to come back some day. I hope I can. The kebap you mentionedo nthe verticle grill is exactly what I was talking about. Those things are awesome. I'm not sure what kind of spices they put in the food but it was really good. I remember them having chopped onion and tomato too. I think. The KFC was new when I got there? LOL! I had no idea. We walked across a long bridge and there it was on the right hand side. We were really surrpised and had to eat there just to say we did it. I remember that area having hills too. Seemed the other side was a bit flat. Long time ago so can't remember everything. I have pictures somewhere at my house.

Thanks again for the reply.

You are welcome :) it was a pleasure.

Back