• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is Pro Honda Oil Worth The Money / Effort?

Don't tell anyone I said this but there is a 3 yr Honda warranty on fleebay for $395, list price I think they said was $550...as long as your original 1 yr warranty is still in effect you can buy it for any model Honda. It is a Honda product honored at any Honda dealer in the USA. Thats 3 yrs unlimited miles added to your 1 yr from date you bought your bike.

My dad has done that test by cutting them open. The only one that was a dead fail was the fram filter. It didn't have the back flow stopper to keep some oil in the filter when it's shut off and also had a direct route around the filter portion instead of forcing it though the filter. Other than that the rest do pretty well.

I am a big
synthetic oil guy. My truck has used it since 1000 miles. It's at
225,000+ miles now and still runs like a top. My 750 Suzuki Katana
has ran it for 40,000+ miles too.
When I inquired about using
a synthetic for the NC, the guys at the Honda shop said it wasn't
necessary. (scratching head)

The Honda dealership that I use has Amsoil right next to the Honda oil. There techs recommended
Amsoil for the first oil change. They recommend and use Synthetic oil.
I personally don't think its necessary, but some oils are better than others and have the data to prove it.
Call me crazy, but when I feel differences in my bikes transmission I change my oil.
My first oil change was around 550 miles and I changed again at around 2800 miles, because the transmission wasn't as smooth.
When I put the Amsoil in it, the shifting was smooth as glass again.
Honda recommends an 8,000 mile intervals, and I would bet my NC will not see that many miles before an oil change. (Even with Amsoil)
If I don't feel/see a difference with Amsoil, I wont stick with it.For me, its all about preferences. What my bikes like.
My old Suzuki GS1100E loved Castrol 20-50 motorcycle oil.

The Honda dealership that I use has Amsoil right next to the Honda oil. There techs recommended
Amsoil for the first oil change. They recommend and use Synthetic oil.
I personally don't think its necessary, but some oils are better than others and have the data to prove it.
Call me crazy, but when I feel differences in my bikes transmission I change my oil.
My first oil change was around 550 miles and I changed again at around 2800 miles, because the transmission wasn't as smooth.
When I put the Amsoil in it, the shifting was smooth as glass again.
Honda recommends an 8,000 mile intervals, and I would bet my NC will not see that many miles before an oil change. (Even with Amsoil)
If I don't feel/see a difference with Amsoil, I wont stick with it.For me, its all about preferences. What my bikes like.
My old Suzuki GS1100E loved Castrol 20-50 motorcycle oil.

I used Amsoil in my V-Rod before. I noticed the transmission was much smoother after using Amsiol. I'm at about 2600miles on the odometer now may change before 4k to Amsoil because I liked it before and I plan on using it again. Sill have half a case of the 20-50 that the "V" took since it got taken out before I could finish the case. Guys on the V-Rod forum I was on that were using Amsoil would have their oil tested, originaly wiht HD oil the V-Rod had 5k oil change intervals. With the Amsoil and the guy getting it tested, the lab told him his oil was good for 10k miles maybe 15k miles before needing an oil change.

Back