• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at a 2018 NC750X - Have Questions

Everyone buys bikes for their own reasons and it’s unfortunate the helmet issue is a deal breaker. That said, most people love this bike. A lot of us have let our NCs go and then have regrets so substantially that we wind up buying another. I’m not judging your reasons for making it a deal breaker; your bike, money, but
In the saddle, and rationale. That said I would explore other storage options. It’s really an enjoyable bike to ride and own. I like the Honda cases too. Maybe just buy them. The mounting hardware will pop up eventually. In the meantime find a temp solution. Actually, an owner here was selling the hardware. Maybe search there or post a want to buy notice. Not trying to but in where I don’t belong. Good intentions only.

Everyone buys bikes for their own reasons and it’s unfortunate the helmet issue is a deal breaker. That said, most people love this bike. A lot of us have let our NCs go and then have regrets so substantially that we wind up buying another. I’m not judging your reasons for making it a deal breaker; your bike, money, but
In the saddle, and rationale. That said I would explore other storage options. It’s really an enjoyable bike to ride and own. I like the Honda cases too. Maybe just buy them. The mounting hardware will pop up eventually. In the meantime find a temp solution. Actually, an owner here was selling the hardware. Maybe search there or post a want to buy notice. Not trying to but in where I don’t belong. Good intentions only.
Thanks for that feedback. I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy the bike.

I'll worry about getting some saddlebags later. Hopefully I can find some Shad or Givi bags for sale on the forum that someone has for sale for less than new ones.

I'll worry about getting some saddlebags later. Hopefully I can find some Shad or Givi bags for sale on the forum that someone has for sale for less than new ones.
Good deal.

If you are just doing local rides without the wife, you might consider some soft bags to use only when you need them. Less weight, less cost (by a bunch)

B0HC3XJh.jpg

I was lucky when I got my 2018 DCT, the Honda luggage came with it. I know to buy it new is expensive, if you can find them, I really like them. They come off easy. nc750CraterLake.jpg

Picking the bike up next Tuesday.

Sold one of my latest vintage Honda restorations to finance it, a 1982 Honda CB750 Custom.
You will like the NC750. Its the best standard bike Honda has made since the CB750.

It looks adventure bike but rides like a standard and the 270 degree 750 engine is a gem even though some don't feel it has enough power.

I think this 750 engine is what really makes the bike so good. Honda knows how to build a 750

The NC750 is a bike I really enjoy riding. The contrast between it and my 150hp Concours is riding the Concours is riding a tool for sport touring. Great power, handling, wind protection, luggage capacity able to effortlessly maintain high speeds, better for 2 up.

But still just a tool instead of a experience like the NC750.

If I didn't need a 2 up bike I would sell it and buy something else.

I just saw a pic of your bike. same color as my 2018. Try shimming your windshield out with some rubber grommets from westlake to let air get behind it and see if you like the difference before you change it.

I took the tall accessory shield off mine when I got it and have no complaints abiut the puig sport screen shimmed out

pic of the shield that was on my bike

Attachments

• Resized_20231230_100137_1715981755133.jpeg
    Resized_20231230_100137_1715981755133.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
Not sure on your helmet, but my 2021 frunk will only fit a large shoei, but barely misses latching with my xl shoei.
My Shoei Neotech2 will not fit in my 2021's frunk. Is your hat a Neo2? It really does not matter that much to me, because I will have more essential stuff in the frunk - tire patch kit, compressor, a few minor tools, spare cartridge for my Turtle2 vest, and about 10,000 other things that I would feel naked if they were not on the bike.

Back