• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My 2023 Seat is Killing Me

Colin_in_Ottawa

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably mostly an old age issue... No padding left on my rear end... But this seat is killing me. I did shave/ flatten the front section to give more room for "the boyz" and that helped... But the mid to outer edge of my Gluteus Maximus seems to be pressured along the edge of the seat where it narrows or starts to narrow. Not exactly a wide seat is it? Anyone suffering as well? Any ideas? No expert upholstery gurus in this area it seems but I an experienced in recovering.

The torture ridges seem to be put there on the seat as a styling feature. A few people are OK with Honda’s stock seat, but most find it uncomfortable. Aftermarket seats sell well because there is a demand.

Would be nice if you could try out different seats before buying them instead of some people having to buy 3 and 4 seats. I'm one of those that can live with the stock seat, however it's not the best seat I've ever ridden on. That distinction goes to my younger brother's new 1972 Moto Guzzi 850 Eldorado, truly an all day comfortable seat. At least it was for a 22 year old lol.

Many people seem to like an air Hawk cushion with very little air in it which is much cheaper to try than a custom seat. I didn't care for it. YMMV

Would be nice if you could try out different seats before buying them instead of some people having to buy 3 and 4 seats. I'm one of those that can live with the stock seat, however it's not the best seat I've ever ridden on. That distinction goes to my younger brother's new 1972 Moto Guzzi 850 Eldorado, truly an all day comfortable seat. At least it was for a 22 year old lol.

Many people seem to like an air Hawk cushion with very little air in it which is much cheaper to try than a custom seat. I didn't care for it. YMMV

Ive had good results from the airhawk. Better than the stock seat JMHO

I ride with Kevlar jeans or overpants and they are a huge difference from just riding in regular jeans

Personally, I like Corbin seats while others do not. A contributor here added a Seth Laam and I think it is the best looking aftermarket seat shared here on the forum and I think he really enjoyed the comfort of the design.

I think I will try the Moto-Skiveez underwear. I also have some riding pants on order for the longer trips. Hopefully that will help. Not much choice of aftermarket seats for the post 2021 models. I would have liked to try the Seat Concepts foam kits (my max budget price-point) but I contacted them and they have no plans to produce a kit for those models. Maybe down the road I will run into a local guru who can transform my seat.

I think I will try the Moto-Skiveez underwear. I also have some riding pants on order for the longer trips. Hopefully that will help. Not much choice of aftermarket seats for the post 2021 models. I would have liked to try the Seat Concepts foam kits (my max budget price-point) but I contacted them and they have no plans to produce a kit for those models. Maybe down the road I will run into a local guru who can transform my seat.
Seat Concepts is just a cover for your seat pan.
They made one for my 650 Kawasaki, didnt like it.
I think Corbin would be good, too pricey though.

Seat Concepts is just a cover for your seat pan.
They made one for my 650 Kawasaki, didnt like it.
I think Corbin would be good, too pricey though.
Seat Concepts provides molded foam and a cover for the stock seat pan. You can somewhat shape the foam yourself before installing the cover, if desired. The foam can be ordered in different densities to suit the rider’s weight. Nonetheless it appears not to be available for the ‘23.

Seat Concepts provides molded foam and a cover for the stock seat pan. You can somewhat shape the foam yourself before installing the cover, if desired. The foam can be ordered in different densities to suit the rider’s weight. Nonetheless it appears not to be available for the ‘23.
I had them install the cover, it was worth the $25 cost.
There were no options for a modification except a lowered seat, = less foam, less comfort. No Thanks.

I had them install the cover, it was worth the $25 cost.
There were no options for a modification except a lowered seat, = less foam, less comfort. No Thanks.
Did you ask them about changing the foam density? I ordered the seat for my ‘12 NC from Seat Concept with a custom lighter density foam, after discussing my needs with one of the Seat Concepts employees. I shaped it somewhat for my preference and then I installed the cover. For me it is a much better seat than the other 6 that were on the NC, including a “stock” Seat Concepts. Works great for me but I wouldn’t expect others to necessarily like it. The point is that the SC can be customized.

Last edited:
Seat will be tough to get right for lots of people at a low price point because butts and riding positions are so different. My skinny butt gets sore on the sit bones similar to bicycle seat discomfort. Nothing from the edges. But heat is also an issue. Ventilated seat cover helped me a bunch. I may buy a spare OEM seat and send to Seth laam or Russel at some point but I doubt mines even broken in yet at 1650 mi.

rode from san francisco to canada and the seat was bad for me on a 2013 NC
Next time, what i did was to change to RideAllDay seat. Made a difference.
Rode from san francisco to Alaska without any seat issues.

Whats the difference:
they added about an inch
Used your original pan and make the seat
added a backrest (i was surprised it could fit it)

rode from san francisco to canada and the seat was bad for me on a 2013 NC
Next time, what i did was to change to RideAllDay seat. Made a difference.
Rode from san francisco to Alaska without any seat issues.

Whats the difference:
they added about an inch
Used your original pan and make the seat
added a backrest (i was surprised it could fit it)
I’m not familiar with “RideAllDay” seats. Is that what it’s called, or do you mean Day-Long?

I recently bought a pair of the Moto Skiveez. I have to say they didnt get it done for me, not much relief when riding, and off the bike it felt like I was walking with a load in my pants. $75 wasted for me.

I recently bought a pair of the Moto Skiveez. I have to say they didnt get it done for me, not much relief when riding, and off the bike it felt like I was walking with a load in my pants. $75 wasted for me.
Not laughing at the $75 bucks you blew, but the load in your pants was giggle worthy.

I use an Airhawk and its fine, I dont put nearly the miles on my NC that I did on my Goldwing. Goldwing seat was awesome. :)

I use an Airhawk and its fine, I dont put nearly the miles on my NC that I did on my Goldwing. Goldwing seat was awesome. :)
It's funny to me that I have a Russell Day Long on my Goldwing but I ride my NC a lot more and a lot further when I ride it. I guess my butt is not that discriminating.

Back