• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question NC700 Shop Manual - Different for different years?

ST HU

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2012 and a 2014 NC700XD. I have an opportunity to buy a shop manual for a 2016 NC700X/XD. Will there be any differences in the 2016 shop manual, or will it be good enough for my bikes?

There will be differences, but the importance depends on what you're interested in. The 2016 body work is mostly different so unless the 2016 manual also covers 2012-2015 models, you will get no help on panel removal. Electrical schematics can change yearly in small ways, so you may have inaccurate wiring diagrams. Dashboard, troubleshooting, DTCs could be somewhat different. The engine, wheels, suspension, and basic framework would be relevant..

Unless this manual is dirt cheap, I'd hold out for one that more closely aligns with your models.

There will be differences, but the importance depends on what you're interested in. The 2016 body work is mostly different so unless the 2016 manual also covers 2012-2015 models, you will get no help on panel removal. Electrical schematics can change yearly in small ways, so you may have inaccurate wiring diagrams. Dashboard, troubleshooting, DTCs could be somewhat different. The engine, wheels, suspension, and basic framework would be relevant..

Unless this manual is dirt cheap, I'd hold out for one that more closely aligns with your models.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll keep looking.

The Honda pubs normally ran in 2 year segments, but one covered 2015-2017. 2012-2013, 2014-2015, I have a 2016-2017 that also identifies the X vs XD models.
Differences between years/models are identified within the manuals. I got this info from listings currently on eBay, so subject to differences in opinion.

Back