• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750 ??

It's another reason I was so glad to get rid of my hateful BMW, the horrific vibrations :(

No idea about BMW, but calling the NCs slow and soft shaking "vibration" seems mistaken to me. Ever ridden a big thumper? I should think so. It is quite similar. Nothing special about it.
There are so many "smooth" bikes out there. Why flatten the New Concept engine? I for myself found a good bike with my NC because it is like it is and not like those "smooth" bigbikes. I would have stayed with my previous thumper otherwise, if Honda had created yet one more boring bigbike.

Also, car engines and railroad engines are meant to be smooth in general.

If I really wanted a "smooth" motorcycle engine I would prefer electrical engines. Although they are really smooth they do not feel like riding a car or truck, due to their good response and low rotating mass. A valid way to go for myself.

But basically I am happy Honda did it like they did.
If I had money, I would get a new Integra as an addon. Not because of the countershaft (do not care) but I perfectly like this concept. I believe this brings bigscooters and mobility in general to a new level. From all those big scooters I would prefer the new Integra for its technical aspects, its efficiency and ridability and especially for the refined looks of the 2014 vehicle. Well done, Honda!

No money, unfortunately. And no reason to sell my NC.

I suppose if any engine was too smooth for your tastes, you could cut a chunk off the crankshaft counterweight or balancer shaft, and have it shake or buzz however much you prefer. You'd have custom "character", suited to your tastes.

Now that could open up a new aftermarket segment, too. Engine too quiet? We can make it louder. Engine too smooth? We can make it shake.

Greg

I suppose if any engine was too smooth for your tastes, you could cut a chunk off the crankshaft counterweight or balancer shaft, and have it shake or buzz however much you prefer. You'd have custom "character", suited to your tastes.

Now that could open up a new aftermarket segment, too. Engine too quiet? We can make it louder. Engine too smooth? We can make it shake.

Greg

You could do it the other way round, just in case. Add some rotating mass, some balancer here and there. Pull a heavy trailer, add some throttle clamp, whatever. Lots of ways to calm it down.

There are lots of those bikes available already. Actually, most of them are like this. So there is no availability problem for those who like it like this.

However, from my side there was no word about noise. Fortunately the NC is low noise, IMHO. I personally appreciate this very much.
There seem to be people around putting on loud pipes, so apparently there is demand for this kind of modification, but definitely not from myself.

No idea about BMW, but calling the NCs slow and soft shaking "vibration" seems mistaken to me. Ever ridden a big thumper? I should think so. It is quite similar. Nothing special about it.
There are so many "smooth" bikes out there. Why flatten the New Concept engine? I for myself found a good bike with my NC because it is like it is and not like those "smooth" bigbikes. I would have stayed with my previous thumper otherwise, if Honda had created yet one more boring bigbike.

Also, car engines and railroad engines are meant to be smooth in general.

If I really wanted a "smooth" motorcycle engine I would prefer electrical engines. Although they are really smooth they do not feel like riding a car or truck, due to their good response and low rotating mass. A valid way to go for myself.

But basically I am happy Honda did it like they did.
If I had money, I would get a new Integra as an addon. Not because of the countershaft (do not care) but I perfectly like this concept. I believe this brings bigscooters and mobility in general to a new level. From all those big scooters I would prefer the new Integra for its technical aspects, its efficiency and ridability and especially for the refined looks of the 2014 vehicle. Well done, Honda!

No money, unfortunately. And no reason to sell my NC.

Who says smooth is "boring"? Certainly not me. If others want to apply that strange idea to motorcycles, more power to them, but I find it laughable to equate vibration with any kind of appeal, especially if it's a deliberate decision, designed in by the engineers. I daresay Honda rethought it's original take on it, since they bothered to put in the second balancer...

I've probably put on about 250,000 km's on "thumpers", not even counting my CBR125R, which I think of as too small and cute to really be put in that classification, plus since it too, has a nice gear driven counter balancer, I love it's mitigation of annoying vibration.

My NCX does not have what I consider bad or super noticeable vibration in any real form, aside from my personal wish to have less tingle at certain amplitudes in the handlebars, basically. I've ridden enough bikes in my career to be able to make my own determination of what constitutes the exact type of vibration I do not get along with. "Boring" has got utterly nothing to do with my reasoning, especially if whomever is naysaying it, isn't being effected by it the same way I am.

Basically I was saying it is perfect for me the way it is. While others suggested I should chop my engine, for whatever reason, although for me it is perfect just like it is.

If someone feels the engine should be made smoother, because only engines running smooth are valid (per law?), engine is bad by design, does not fit a motorcycle like this, then why purchasing such a bike? Wouldn't it be easier getting one of so many boring or not other bikes with a different engine design and leave this bike as Honda designed it?

As to engine design: you certainly realize nearly everything exists per design. Even expensive wines are designed with respect to flavour at a very early stage. There are not many things not being subject to special design, be it a motorcycle engine designed to run smooth (beware), motorcycle engine sounds (strange things out on the market), car temperature gauges always showing medium engine temperature, whatever, ...
You won't get the"pure" thing as long as you do not create it yourself (and even then there would be individual design in it). I guess it is just a matter of design goals.

Honda did a good design job with the NC for my personal taste, especially with the engine, not so much with the front beak. Therefore it became my first and only Honda motorbike. Wouldn't it be strange if they changed this design to create another arbitrary "smooth" bike as usual? There are so many other bikes with a totally different engine for people with totally different needs. But I do not see many bikes that would compare to the NC???X.

Basically I was saying it is perfect for me the way it is. While others suggested I should chop my engine, for whatever reason, although for me it is perfect just like it is.

If someone feels the engine should be made smoother, because only engines running smooth are valid (per law?), engine is bad by design, does not fit a motorcycle like this, then why purchasing such a bike? Wouldn't it be easier getting one of so many boring or not other bikes with a different engine design and leave this bike as Honda designed it?

As to engine design: you certainly realize nearly everything exists per design. Even expensive wines are designed with respect to flavour at a very early stage. There are not many things not being subject to special design, be it a motorcycle engine designed to run smooth (beware), motorcycle engine sounds (strange things out on the market), car temperature gauges always showing medium engine temperature, whatever, ...
You won't get the"pure" thing as long as you do not create it yourself (and even then there would be individual design in it). I guess it is just a matter of design goals.

Honda did a good design job with the NC for my personal taste, especially with the engine, not so much with the front beak. Therefore it became my first and only Honda motorbike. Wouldn't it be strange if they changed this design to create another arbitrary "smooth" bike as usual? There are so many other bikes with a totally different engine for people with totally different needs. But I do not see many bikes that would compare to the NC???X.

This is a pointless and circular argument of opinion. I couldn't care less about all the arbitrary factors, the esoteric reasoning behind what one person imagines has "character" etc., versus another. Of course everything exists by design, but for me it's *how* that design is executed. Like you, I feel the NCX is just about perfect for me, that's the whole reason I bought it!

As you feel the beak is one of your particular "could do withouts", my little wish for a change would be dual balancers versus one. To express the sentiment wondering why someone would bother to buy such a bike, when there are so many other "boring" engines available, is quite frankly insulting. The exact same thing could be said about anything anyone ever chooses to buy, based on the individual's own sense of what is a preferred trait, and what is not. Like the beak. I sure as heck wouldn't presume to tell you to go buy a beakless bike, as there are so many other "boring" beak free bikes out there on the market for you to choose.

Happy with the NC700X

So there is now a NC750X! Big deal! It is basically a marketing ploy by Honda to try and hit two hot spots in the Euro motorcycle market. Adding 75cc, 3 horsepower (51 to 54), adding a second vibration damper to smooth a 270degree firing order, a noisier muffler, and a few gimmicks in the instrument panel at I am sure will be a steep increase in MSRP, is nothing to covet IMHO.
Personally I like the 270 degree uneven idle of the NC700, really don't notice any excessive vibrations, couldn't care less about instant mileage readings, and already replaced the muffler for an engine noise I enjoy. Plus my bike is paid for! And as far as paint color goes, I'm working on painting mine Yellow! So I really do not see any real need for the NC750 for the USA, except a marketing decision. Plus the bike still looks the same, and the parts and measurements, except displacement, appear the same, so the after market parts suppliers should be happy and the abundance of after market parts should continuing growing robustly.
So put me down as satisfied and not really interested in throwing more money at an almost clone of my current ride. I don't even know if I would notice an increase of 3 hp. Losing 10 pounds would probably duplicate the small hp increase!

The horsepower is hardly worth mentioning, as it's negligible. I like idea of a healthy increase in torque though.

It's kind of a moot point for me anyway, as I'm highly unlikely to go through the fuss and expense to try and swap over to a new model from my current bike, which I am very happy with.

-black engine, like.
-big increase in torque, like.
-slightly throatier muffler, like.
-refined fuel gauge with the things I'm not ecstatic about with the current lcd block count and reserve flash changed to how I would have preferred, like.
-now perfect primary balance via twin counter balancers, like.
-potential even better fuel economy? Like.
-swap of clock to bottom left and odometer above it, like.
-gear indicator? Like.

-higher price? Don't like.
-potential not as good fuel economy? Don't like.
-weight increase? Don't like.
-instant mpg calculation, don't like.

Well, I just got my MCN mag this morning with reports of new models from the Milan show. It is official. Reading from the Mag the new model is getting an extra 75cc. They mention twin balancer shafts which puzzles me as the bike is very smooth anyway. A new Exhaust end can is also mentioned, and taller gearing. ABS now fitted as standard, and revised software for the optional DCT box. A 250 mile range is claimed for the 14.1 litre tank.

we are suppose to get 244 miles now its hardly worth it.
torque is the only thing that interest me but 75cc increase isn't going to jump the torque to more than 5...
its only increase for the Europeans due to the CB500's.
you guys across the pond are not going to miss anything worthwhile so be happy with what you've got.
me I'm keeping my NC it does every that say on the can apart from the seat but much cheaper to fix than buying a new 750!!!!

The long range cited for the NC750X sounds like a marketing ploy to squelch any concerns about the small fuel tank. I routinely run my NC700X beyond 250 miles per tank. It has the same or better range than my GL1800 does, so I don't think range ever was an issue.

Greg

Taller Gearing

Well, I just got my MCN mag this morning with reports of new models from the Milan show. It is official. Reading from the Mag the new model is getting an extra 75cc. They mention twin balancer shafts which puzzles me as the bike is very smooth anyway. A new Exhaust end can is also mentioned, and taller gearing. ABS now fitted as standard, and revised software for the optional DCT box. A 250 mile range is claimed for the 14.1 litre tank.
Anyone know what the new taller gearing ratio is?
What is the tooth count of the countershaft sprocket and the rear sprocket?
I imagine Honda changed the gear ratio to try and squeeze more mpg's and travel range per tank of fuel.
Is the fuel tank on the 750 the same fuel tank as the 700?
Might just be a case of rearranging the specs to create a "newish" bike model.

Wow. This thread sure has grow. I had to read 14 pages, just to catch up.

I'd have to say Honda has done a great job listening to the feedback from the 700x owners. Now that they are upping the torque and smoothing out the engine, it should address the <3000RPM in 6th gear stutter issue. Having a taller gear would also make the highway cruising a bit more relaxed. Hopefully they have redesigned the seat a bit, not just the upholstery, and that it's backwards compatible to the 700X. The dash board revision is a nice touch.

All in all, it's a good mid-cycle upgrade. Nothing mind blowing for the current 700X owner; not enough for a trade-in. What it would do is allow the NCX to be more competitive against the Versys and the new SV650. Not to mention the Yahama MT-09. It would makes sense for Honda to up the ante right away in Europe.

It'd be interesting to see how all these "upgrades", including ABS, would affect the pricing. $8,000 for standard and $9000 for DCT would be my guess. It should further differentiate the NCX from the CBX in every aspect.

The Euro mid-weight battle is heating up!

price will be a lot higher than that.the 700 price now......
here its $8500 for a geared 'S' model and $10250 for the DCT.
'X' Model $9,606 ,DCT $11,041.
so it will be the same for Europeans,
as far as I know the USA models are a little cheaper due to omitted items that we get like immobilizers etc.
so the NC750 for us I would expect to be over and above prices stated .
no doubt the USA guys will get the 750's eventually.

also I notice that the swinging arm is the same as on the 700.

Last edited:
What About The Seat?

I'd have to say Honda has done a great job listening to the feedback from the 700x owners. Now that they are upping the torque and smoothing out the engine, it should address the <3000RPM in 6th gear stutter issue. Having a taller gear would also make the highway cruising a bit more relaxed. Hopefully they have redesigned the seat a bit, not just the upholstery, and that it's backwards compatible to the 700X. The dash board revision is a nice touch.
The Euro mid-weight battle is heating up!
WOW Indeed!
How about the seat! Probably about the most criticized part of the Nc700 is/was the seat. So what does Honda, who listens so well do, just about nothing! I would rather have a comfortable seat than a gear position indicator, instantaneous MPG calculator, rearrangement of the dash board, etc.
As far as compatibility goes, I'd bet that almost every part of the NC750 is compatible with the NC700, except the pistons and the MSRP price sticker! Oh yes, the price sticker increase!
Sometimes it's good to live in North America!

Back