• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750x 2014 vs varadro xl1000

Mohamed samy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone one, hope you all okay!

I am torn between nc750x Dct 2014 and varadero xl1000 2009.

What do you think?

I am 6’4.

I am hearing about the Varadero for the first time. I'm guessing it was not available in the U.S., but based on some quick research it sounds like a good touring bike. The downsides seem to be top heaviness and poor fuel mileage. One reviewer calls it "the Churchill of bikes- a fat, heavy drinker- but a great nonetheless". The choice seems easy if you are leaning more toward open highways, the Varadero may be for you.
Obviously, you will find many fans of the NC's on this site. It is the perfect bike for me, the DCT makes it an effortless joy to ride and it gets great fuel mileage. If back roads are more your cup of tea I think you might be better off with the NC. I am only 5'11 so maybe a taller member might speak to the height issue. I think many taller riders are fine on the NC.
Welcome to the forum, by the way. Egypt is one of the few places I have been outside the U.S. and it was amazing!

Last edited:
I think these are very different motorcycles. To recommend one over the other would require knowing how you intend to use a motorcycle or what features are important to you.

Welcome to the forum!

@dustyNC thank you, it definitely is and i would be thrilled to be welcoming you again anytime :)

I do not know where have you been exactly in egypt but it will be treated as a second transportation and a way of enjoying. maybe will take some long trips to marsa alam from cairo or hurgada. I also have a second passenger.

I have ridden both varadero is a beast but i feel it is some how old tech. NC i really like it specially the dct but idk what will do on highway with a second passenger.

@670cc thanks
I am 188 cm, 90kg have a wife 75 kg will definitely be riding with me usually.

I love away from the city 80 km one way, ao from home to work is around 170 km. I mostly will be riding in weekends and would love to do occasionally trips for around 600 km round trip.

@670cc thanks
I am 188 cm, 90kg have a wife 75 kg will definitely be riding with me usually.

I love away from the city 80 km one way, ao from home to work is around 170 km. I mostly will be riding in weekends and would love to do occasionally trips for around 600 km round trip.
From your needs and usage description I would recommend the Varadero. The Varadero was never offered in the USA; my opinion is based solely on it’s specs and photos. The NC, in my opinion, is an excellent one person commuter bike. It can be made into a very good one person touring bike but it needs a lot of modifications. I have never carried a passenger on my NC, because I would be ashamed to ask them to ride with cramped knees on a tiny seat. The passenger accommodations on the NC are quite minimal, although I‘m sure some people happily use it for two-up riding.

Last edited:
@dustyNC thank you, it definitely is and i would be thrilled to be welcoming you again anytime :)

I do not know where have you been exactly in egypt but it will be treated as a second transportation and a way of enjoying. maybe will take some long trips to marsa alam from cairo or hurgada. I also have a second passenger.

I have ridden both varadero is a beast but i feel it is some how old tech. NC i really like it specially the dct but idk what will do on highway with a second passenger.
I visited Cairo, Alexandria and took a cruise down the Nile. It was an incredible journey.
I think 670cc summed it up well, but keep an eye on your gas level with the Varadero, apparently Honda neglected to include a fuel gauge!

Hello everyone one, hope you all okay!

I am torn between nc750x Dct 2014 and varadero xl1000 2009.

What do you think?

I am 6’4.
Welcome to this great forum. Last year I had a 1981 Honda Goldwing, a 2022 BMW310 and by Sept. I ended up with a 2021 Honda NC750x. The 750 is my Goldilocks- perfect for me at 5’9” and 73 years old.
I know I’ll miss the other bikes.
Maybe you should buy both bikes until you find your Goldilocks!

Back