• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Canadian version

I think it's monetary reasoning, crystal ball guesswork, and sheer quirkiness of whomever is the Honda Canada importer in charge dood. They won't add features or bring models in they don't think will sell well enough to generate the cost/profit ratio they want. They will bring in such bizarre things like the DN-01 or the Vultus, at insanely eye watering prices that *no one* wants, but not a DCT NCX for all these years? It beggars belief.

Now we've got a truly bastardized model of NCX, that is different than the rest of the world *and* the 'States? [mega rolls eyes] Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Speaking of bastardized and dumb, dumb, dumb, we are now in the fifth model year of NC700X in the USA, and it is still impossible to buy one with both a manual transmission and ABS.

It's chocolate or vanilla, but no twist.

Last edited:
lol at the Do Not Own One (DN-01) and the Vultus. They call it the NM4 here now. The Honda shop i got the NC at had one of these on the showroom floor. So i had a sit on it.
Such a weird bike. It seems like the type of bike Harry and Lloyd would ride (Dumb and Dumber movies)

The even more strange thing with the NC btwn Canada and the USA. The States still cannot get the NC750. Not that i am complaining :) i am happy the 750 is here.

And the US gets only one or two color choices at a time; never three or four choices like Europe. The US has never gotten a white or blue NC, only red, black, and grey.

Last edited:
It's all about keeping the price low, and not caring in the least that your customers may actually want the new features, despite a small increased cost.

On Honda UK site the 2015 to 2016 DCT went up 150 pounds from 6,899 to 7,049 or 2.17%. The 6 speed went up same 150 pounds from 6,499 to 6,649 or by 2.31%

On Honda Canada site the DCT was previously unavailable in 2015 however the 6 speed price went down $200 from $9,199 to $8,999 or by 2.17%

Exchange rates notwithstanding, how many of you Canadians would have paid $9,199 x 1.0231 (UK % incr.) = $9,412 (rounded up) rather than $8,999 to get all the great new features, and colours, that are available on the Honda UK website. My hand is up big-time for this. Do you think you'd have any hope to upgrade your bike for only $413 difference ??? Never!

Wait, how about you Americans, its even better for you. The 6 speed Honda USA price stayed the same at $7,499, and likewise with DCT, same price of $8,099.

Here's some fun calculations; $7,499 x 1.0231 = $7,672. That's a $173 increase. For the DCT; $8,099 x 1.0231 = $8,286 That's a $187 increase. (being generous to Honda and using the much higher % they don't want to charge you)

$173 (6 speed), and $187 (DCT), is what Honda USA SAVED you by not giving you the choice to bring in a substantially improved bike with LED headlights, better suspension etc. Isn't it great to have a Nanny who cares for you so much, and makes all those confusing decisions for you.

Getting treated this way, by a company that just doesn't appear to get it, is getting oh so close to being a deal breaker for me. Sometimes, it really is the principle of the thing. Sometimes. just one more thing, is finally one too many.

i could understand about the LED headlight, as i made mention previously about this. Maybe it would be some safety regulation along the lines of the turn signals have to be a set distance away from the headlight. Is why we have the eyepod signals
where some bikes in the EU have them integrated. Are there any vehicles in Canada that have LED headlights? I would not understand why they would not have the Showa forks. Bikes can upgrade the suspension when ever they want (Ohlins for example)
So i would be kind of pissed if they do not have the Showa forks. Thanks for checking Chillrider. Look forward to reading what you find out. (was your salesrep Derrick?)

Don't think LED headlights are the issue for Canada. Many bike manufacturers offer them here now.

On Honda Canada site both the Africa Twin and the CB500X now offer LED headlights on the Canadian models.

Speaking of bastardized and dumb, dumb, dumb, we are now in the fifth model year of NC700X in the USA, and it is still impossible to buy one with both a manual transmission and ABS.

It's chocolate or vanilla, but no twist.

Here in NZ we get the 750X/S wthout ABS and no DCT option. In Australia I think they used to only get the 750S with ABS, I think the 2016X is available there now also with ABS, again no DCT options.

I'm sure if you were to talk to the distributors they'd have good reasons for choosing the specs they do, and not knowing how that all works, it may be the only way they can make any money.

Maybe someday we'll get to the stage where customers 'building to order' is a viable option regardless of where they live.

So was out running errands on the pedal bike today. These errands took me past my dealer so i stopped in. My former Yamaha Majesty is still there waiting for a new owner.
The sales manager had some good news for me. Said that they were able to trade with another dealer which means that i will likely be able to ride the bike home mid April.

Was told that all the DCT bikes allocated for Canada are sold out. This is Honda Canada not just my dealer. I should have asked so not sure it they mean the initial shipment or if this
is it for 2016.

I also asked about the showa dual bending shocks and LED headlight.
They did not know but said would check for me. I was told that the 500cc lineup for 2016 has LED headlights.

I asked what dealer they traded with.... It was not the one that Chillrider bought from but one i have not heard of.. and for the life of me cannot remember...I think it started with an M
but all i had going thru my head was - ARPIL NEW BIKE... so wasnt really listening after that point. :)

the dealer also said they would check if the bike can be upgraded later to the Showa dual bending forks IF 1) the bike does not have it and 2) i want to later upgrade.

so exciting. Now just hope the weather holds up. Really nice day today.

The sales manager had some good news for me. Said that they were able to trade with another dealer which means that i will likely be able to ride the bike home mid April
so exciting. Now just hope the weather holds up. Really nice day today.

Hey that is really great news!! Was the dealer sure about mid-April? I haven't had a commitment from Holeshot about a delivery window yet.

But mid-April... that means the bikes are built and on their way!

Hey that is really great news!! Was the dealer sure about mid-April? I haven't had a commitment from Holeshot about a delivery window yet.
But mid-April... that means the bikes are built and on their way!

asked her to check the computer and she said March 30. Not sure what that means. but i asked going by past experience when in April do you think. Said it could even be as early as April 10.

While we're waiting on our bikes I'll get these items on order...

boots.jpg
helmet.jpg
pants.jpg

I'll put the jacket purchase off for now, I can wear my old leather snowmobile jacket till it get's too hot.

Here it is!! Just built at Holeshot in Langley, British Columbia. Unfortunately (for me) this one belongs to Honda Canada for a photo shoot/tour--it has been outfitted with knobbies and hand guards. Thank you to Richard Craven at Holeshot for the pic! Richard can't yet confirm the mid-April date for delivery of my bike, but I am hoping!!
photo 3.jpg

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Thank you to Chillirider for the pix. One of the pix shows the top of the front forks. It is confirmed that the Canadian model does not have the new Showa Dual Bending Forks.
Also the front headlight is bulb instead of LED.

Thank you to Chillirider for the pix. One of the pix shows the top of the front forks. It is confirmed that the Canadian model does not have the new Showa Dual Bending Forks.
Also the front headlight is bulb instead of LED.

Came across the first 2016 I've seen for sale here in NZ, looks like the same model as yours (minus the ABS).

Bought an Australian NC750X 2016 this week in Sydney. Don't know if I am the first in Aus but must be close.
Same deal as Canada, new look bike but old fork springs and front bulb is not LED. Honda probably wanted to get to a price point. Shame manufacturers don't offer you upgrade accessories at a trade up price like shocks and springs.
Only ridden it for test ride and then home so no real comments yet. Smooth though and plenty of torque. Comfy.
Tight call between it and a new Versys 650.
Coming off a CB1300S so may well miss the power drop.

Congrats Pipsqueak. You are living two of my dreams. One i will live hopefully shortly when i get my NC750X DCT and two would be to live in that "corner" of Australia.
Anywhere from the Sydney area down through Melbourne and Adelaide.

i agree about the upgrades. When you buy a car you can buy the base model or upgrade to one with more addons. My dealer did say they will look into seeing if i can upgrade it.
I am hoping i get my bike in early April. My dealer was able to trade with another dealer so i can get mine early instead of May. I was thinking what my dealer meant when they checked
the computer and said March 30. I think that is the day the other dealer is due to get the bike. Then they will transfer bike to my dealer.

So the 2016 isn't getting the LED headlight or the improved front forks. I was considering trading in my 2014 NC750X based on the availability of the DCT in Canada, the new styling, LED tail and headlight and the upgraded forks. With just the DCT available and improved styling it's not something to consider now.

So the 2016 isn't getting the LED headlight or the improved front forks. I was considering trading in my 2014 NC750X based on the availability of the DCT in Canada, the new styling, LED tail and headlight and the upgraded forks. With just the DCT available and improved styling it's not something to consider now.

yes. if you already own an NC750x and the bike is filling your needs, there not much the 2016 adds. For me, with no bike the DCT was worth it. Disappointing about the front forks (and now probably the rear shock is not the new type.)
I do like the slightly bigger frunk and body restyle. The updated instrument panel and the taller wind screen. Kind of a catch 22 not waiting to see the 2016 in person before buying. If i had of waited i probably would not be getting the new
bike this year (Honda Canada is out of stock of the DCT)

the last few days around here have been torture tho. Blue sky and sunny with 18C+ temps. And my bike is in some unknown place sitting in a crate (on boat still?) With delivery expected for April 16. But at least it warm not like you poor
bastage Ontarians. The big "polar vortex" about to steam roll thru.

I would have been interested in the DCT as well but amazing they are already sold out? Maybe next year we will get more colour options and all the upgrades other parts of the world see. I'm lusting for a red with a LED headlight and tail with DCT.

Your definitely right about the weather. I'm in Northern Ontario it's even worse here with a high today of -5.

Back