• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TUSK Panniers

DevilDogMech

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I’m a traveling Hospice Nurse and I have to carry a ton of crap with me. I needed some boxes.... found these TUSK boxes. Damn near half the price of Givi and these things are SOLID. built out of plate aluminum and powder coated.

FYI - Install the side with the muffler first. [emoji23]

893dbd6c0c0f45594eaa819ae7349612.jpg
f6889666a4e1cbabc1cea6c27f33ebda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What racks did you install them on?!??

Oops. Shoulda Mentioned that. They are Givi racks. PL1111. FYI, you have to order the hangers - 1111KIT or there is nothing to hang them on. I didn’t and had to wait a couple of days for them to come in. Kinda a pain.

They are super solid racks. I was really happy with them.

Nice looking, job well done DDM! I too am looking at some and trying to decide on which ones to get, what was your total cost may i ask? :{)

Tusk Large or Medium Panniers??? Rocky Mtn ATV typically has some of the best pricing on Tusk items when you factor in shipping and speediness on delivery.

Those definitely appear to be the large ones!

I'm getting the tusk boxes, as well. Thanks for the heads up about needing the 1111kit to install. I did not know that! I'm thinking of the medium boxes, but for about $25 bucks more you can have the extra 10L of storage per side. I think it may be worth it even if they are pretty big.

How easy are they to put on and take off?

Tusk Large or Medium Panniers??? Rocky Mtn ATV typically has some of the best pricing on Tusk items when you factor in shipping and speediness on delivery.

I did get them from Rocky Mtn. All in, woth the racks, they were $350ish. It’s been a while since I actually did this, so I don’t remember.

Again, they are VERY well priced.

And they are HUGE. I have all the stuff I need to carry in them and still have plenty of
Room.

Looks like a bargain compared to actual Givi cases. And if they mount directly to Givi PL1111 racks, I wonder if they’d mount to SW Motech Evo racks that have Givi adapters?

Looks like a bargain compared to actual Givi cases. And if they mount directly to Givi PL1111 racks, I wonder if they’d mount to SW Motech Evo racks that have Givi adapters?

The Givi PL1111 racks are completely FLAT. that’s why I used them. Super easy to install. Just mock up, mark and drill.

The Givi PL1111 racks are completely FLAT. that’s why I used them. Super easy to install. Just mock up, mark and drill.

Were the Tusk cases meant for Givi racks, or did you just chose the Givi racks and modified the cases to fit them?

Were the Tusk cases meant for Givi racks, or did you just chose the Givi racks and modified the cases to fit them?

No, nothing was “Meant” to work together.

These boxes are really meant for off road use, like on a KLR. Rocky Mtn sells racks for all the popular dual sports, just not for bikes like the NC.

I’m NOT the first to have done this. I did a google search and came up with this solution.

The Givi Racks Are meant to be quick release, but to make them work, you have to remove the bottom mount lugs.

I wish I had done a walk through. Sorry.

Those cases look like they have a TON of room. How wide are they? In other words, how wide is the bike with the boxes mounted?
I'm considering the Tusk boxes, and was thinking of getting the smaller size depending on how wide they make the bike.

One downside of having big boxes is that your traveling companions want you to carry their extra stuff!!

JT

Those cases look like they have a TON of room. How wide are they? In other words, how wide is the bike with the boxes mounted?
I'm considering the Tusk boxes, and was thinking of getting the smaller size depending on how wide they make the bike.

One downside of having big boxes is that your traveling companions want you to carry their extra stuff!!

JT

They are wide! Definitely no lane splitting for me anymore.

Got my Tusk Panniers added over the weekend! I have the medium size. Had to remove the top case and luggage rack since they weren't compatible with the side case mounts. I'll be getting the Givi 1111fz rails and M5M monolock top plate to add my monolock box back on ASAP. They look great and are super solid!

Took a little bit to make sure I was drilling the holes correctly. These don't come with any mounting points. You drill the holes in the box depending on what kind of side case mounts you are using and where the mounting points are located. I did use the Givi PL1111 side case mounts. I'm very pleased with them! Takes a little getting used to while mounting and dismounting, but nothing I can't adapt to.

And thank you DevilDogMech for the tip to do the exhaust side first! :)

Attachments

• boxes 2.jpg
    boxes 2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 345
  • boxes 3.jpg
    boxes 3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 320
  • boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Mounted that way, are the Tusk boxes quick release removable?

Back