• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

undecided about NC700S - need your advice

The taller windshield ( I have the Honda tall shield ) is a great option. I have a few bikes and this shield really works - I don't get hardly any wind even at high - highway speeds.

I never used the stock shield - off before the bike came out the front door of the dealer.

The nc700 is a very easy bike to handle - with a forgiving power band - But it will still run with the big dogs cause it's light and nimble. Easy to clean and maintain. Plus the storage is great.

Yes ma'am.
:p

Like I said, if money is not really a problem, I recommend the F800R over the NCS or NCX.

Having "no money issues" means bringing your bike to the BMW dealer for EVERYTHING and paying with a smile.
I believe not many riders want to do that or can afford to.

If money is a problem or issue, then NC700 is perfect.

NCX is torquey but it runs out of "breath" after hitting 5000rpm. Just that you know. BMWs and other "normal" motorcycles at 700cc will rev up and up and up to 10-11k rpm. Some people love this feeling.

:p

Many here will give you "advice", best is you try out as many as possible, and then YOU make up your mind for YOUR needs. :p

The F800R is a lowish reving Parallel twin, with a redline of 8,500

This is the lowest redline of any other bike I've ever owned other than the NCX.

Don't forget Happy, that it's not just more expensive to own and maintain, but in my experience of owning my BMW for 3 years, all the money in the world is of no help when your bike breaks down or falls apart when you are out in the boonies with no cell coverage. ie most of Canada, lol.

Mind you, I suppose if money were no object you would be bristling with Spot devices, Satellite phones, or a support crew following behind...:p

The only cons I see is the wind factor (I already have the problem with my bike right now). Will a higher windshield protect me from the wind or the lack of fairing will still be a concern???

I wouldn't fixate on the X fairing having the slightest advantage over the S as far as wind protection. The fairing is of utterly no help as far as wind protection. The screen, like I said earlier, is something just about all of the X owners swap out to a bigger one anyway, and there's no reason you cannot do the same with an S.

If you simply like the looks of the X over the S, then you have to make that justification yourself, and work around the obstacles that come with that choice.

I am thinking of buying the S though I like the looks of the X and have had 3 big
trail'y looking bikes in my last 5 bikes just sitting on them in the show room for me
is enough to tell me at least the S in for me, so they do feel different start by just
going and sitting on both.

The F800R is a lowish reving Parallel twin, with a redline of 8,500

This is the lowest redline of any other bike I've ever owned other than the NCX.

Don't forget Happy, that it's not just more expensive to own and maintain, but in my experience of owning my BMW for 3 years, all the money in the world is of no help when your bike breaks down or falls apart when you are out in the boonies with no cell coverage. ie most of Canada, lol.

Mind you, I suppose if money were no object you would be bristling with Spot devices, Satellite phones, or a support crew following behind...:p

Hi
I can emphatise with your past experience but this can happen to any bike, even Honda.
Something tells me it is the minority who has had problems with BMWs. This seems only in the US.
I have not heard such bad press about the F800R or F800GS from over here.
I am not promoting BMWs, just offering an alternative.

Hi
I can emphatise with your past experience but this can happen to any bike, even Honda.
Something tells me it is the minority who has had problems with BMWs. This seems only in the US.
I have not heard such bad press about the F800R or F800GS from over here.
I am not promoting BMWs, just offering an alternative.

It's alway good to have a civilized difference of opinion; it keeps things interesting, and everybody honest :)

No such thing as a bad motorcycle. Just 2 wheels, a frame, a motor, and a few other trivial parts, then ride, ride, ride. What more could a fella ask for.

Received the Honda Fly Screen for my NC700SA yesterday and promptly installed it. It looks good. If I didn't know better, I would say it is stock. Even has the Honda emblem on it like the stock screen.

As for function, I am happy with it. I notice a lot less pressure on my chest and shoulders when riding at high speed. I also notice less wind flowing up inside my helmet from around my neck. Not sure if this is good or not as it isn't too hot here today.

I purchased the screen from nc700shop.com which is in France on July 17th and it was delivered to my door yesterday. Much faster than I expected.

For the record, I am 5'8" tall with a 32" inseam.

IMG-20130724-00015.jpg

Received the Honda Fly Screen for my NC700SA yesterday and promptly installed it. It looks good. If I didn't know better, I would say it is stock. Even has the Honda emblem on it like the stock screen.

As for function, I am happy with it. I notice a lot less pressure on my chest and shoulders when riding at high speed. I also notice less wind flowing up inside my helmet from around my neck. Not sure if this is good or not as it isn't too hot here today.

I purchased the screen from nc700shop.com which is in France on July 17th and it was delivered to my door yesterday. Much faster than I expected.

For the record, I am 5'8" tall with a 32" inseam.

View attachment 6804

That looks awesome, and it does look OEM. :cool:

It looks almost like a stock 700X screen, which was in the back of my mind wondering if one would fit the S model.

That looks awesome, and it does look OEM. :cool:

It looks almost like a stock 700X screen, which was in the back of my mind wondering if one would fit the S model.

I have the SA which I am pretty sure is the same as S except without ABS. I could be wrong though. I always believed there were only 2 different body models. S and X and any various additional letters were options such as ABS, or dual clutch etc.

The Fly screen is about an 1" wider on each side and 2" higher.

Jason...

So this morning I decided to make up my mind... I went back to the Honda dealer and sat on : CBR500R, CB500X, NC700S, CTX700N, CTX700T ... As soon as I climbed on the CB500X and lifted it, I knew it was mine. It felt so right! I didn't have it on my list at the beginning because of its height (810mm) but everything about that bike was right; the windshield, the weight, the feeling, the look...And the dealer was nice enough to prepare it for me the same day (he lowered it a little and even if I don't flat foot it I'm so comfortable and confident on that bike). I was a little worried to drive it home since I only rode cruisers before but it was so easy; the clutch, the brakes, the shifter, the air flowing around me (instead of fighting me off the bike). I'm very happy!!! So thank you all for your support and answers!

Congratulation for the new bike. Even tho you did not choose the NC, you're still in the right family ;-)

I haven't seen many new Honda bikes (NCs and CBs) yet here in Quebec, so next time I see a little woman on a new CB, I'll wave for sure !

Glad you found your bike! Be sure to post a picture!

Greg

glad you've at last found what you like and enjoy.

talking of which..why not inc the cb500 in this forum.
and there was a fault on these 500 due to some plug or some thing came off on the rocker arm ???

glad you've at last found what you like and enjoy.

talking of which..why not inc the cb500 in this forum. There is already a CB500X forum running
and there was a fault on these 500 due to some plug or some thing came off on the rocker arm ???
??? don't know, haven't read anything about this

Back