• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Took the Can Am out for the first time this year. Clear skies at the beginning of the ride. Skies darkened during the ride. We turned towards home when the temperature dropped quickly. We beat the rain home by an hour or so. 80 miles for the day. Hoping to ride again tomorrow.

Wow, your rides sound good! I need to figure out a local ride route I can do for 30-40 miles. We've got quite a few good riding roads around here in SE Missouri, so it wouldn't be too difficult. I just rode into work today, the ride was nice, temps were in the 60s, 30 miles of hilly & curvy rural highways 'til I got to town and work.

Wow, your rides sound good! I need to figure out a local ride route I can do for 30-40 miles. We've got quite a few good riding roads around here in SE Missouri, so it wouldn't be too difficult. I just rode into work today, the ride was nice, temps were in the 60s, 30 miles of hilly & curvy rural highways 'til I got to town and work.
You just have to figure out some loops around your area. I have about 22 loops I can run clockwise or counter-clockwise for variety from 20 miles to 100 miles. Most are in the 45-60 mile range. Told my wife my happy place is "45-60 at 45-60" ...thats 45-60 miles at 45-60 mph. Take an hour to an hour and a half.

Took the new Himalayan--new to me -out to visit my mom---managed to drop it in the parking lot while standing still trying to dig the key out of my pants pocket--picked it up and managed to kill the battery restarting it---wife had to come rescue me with jumper cables---home now and on the charger---not a mark on it except for scratch on bar end--apparently my body being under it cushioned the blow---my foot hurt like an SOB yesterday but much better today. It has been years since I did something as dumb as that. On the other hand it is fun to ride -reminds me of my highschool days on my BSA Victor 441-early '70s just dating myself--which had similar HP but was probably almost100 lbs lighter.

Took the new Himalayan--new to me -out to visit my mom---managed to drop it in the parking lot while standing still trying to dig the key out of my pants pocket--picked it up and managed to kill the battery restarting it---wife had to come rescue me with jumper cables---home now and on the charger---not a mark on it except for scratch on bar end--apparently my body being under it cushioned the blow---my foot hurt like an SOB yesterday but much better today. It has been years since I did something as dumb as that. On the other hand it is fun to ride -reminds me of my highschool days on my BSA Victor 441-early '70s just dating myself--which had similar HP but was probably almost100 lbs lighter.
I am sad to say I have stories to rival that. But yeah, the Himalayan does feel like the old days in a good way, doesn’t it?

Built a large luggage rack on top of the little stock rack. The new large rack is actually a 9x13 metal baking dish. Sprayed with truck bed spray and mounted with 4 bolts to the tiny stock Himy rack it should work fine for carrying small loads. Drilled a bunch of 1/2 inch holes in it to hook bungees or other straps and the fact that it's maybe 1& 1/2 inches deep will help hold in stuff. The baking dish was $1.50 at Goodwill I had the other stuff in my garage..next I mounted a set of Amazon $25 handguards. Same ones I have on the Honda but they needed no massaging in the vise on the Himy. They are very beefy aluminum and priced right. My farkle plan is to do it on the cheap. Next will be to order some of the $50-$60 pannier racks from Amazon or AliExpress. Bags will be modified Walmart small backpacks or the like, unless I stumble into another set of used soft bags like I put on the nc700. Hard bags are just too heavy. That will be less than $100 all told.

Built a large luggage rack on top of the little stock rack. The new large rack is actually a 9x13 metal baking dish. Sprayed with truck bed spray and mounted with 4 bolts to the tiny stock Himy rack it should work fine for carrying small loads. Drilled a bunch of 1/2 inch holes in it to hook bungees or other straps and the fact that it's maybe 1& 1/2 inches deep will help hold in stuff. The baking dish was $1.50 at Goodwill I had the other stuff in my garage..next I mounted a set of Amazon $25 handguards. Same ones I have on the Honda but they needed no massaging in the vise on the Himy. They are very beefy aluminum and priced right. My farkle plan is to do it on the cheap. Next will be to order some of the $50-$60 pannier racks from Amazon or AliExpress. Bags will be modified Walmart small backpacks or the like, unless I stumble into another set of used soft bags like I put on the nc700. Hard bags are just too heavy. That will be less than $100 all told.
I did the same a few years ago but with a large plastic cutting board from Walmart.
IMG_20240310_174540.jpg
I also mounted the topcase bracket on it. For bigger loads, I can remove the top case and place the load on the cutting board.

mine wasn't that fancy. I cut down a metal kitchen sign I got for $10 and used it to bolt my tail bag to my rack so I could not strap it.

Attachments

• 20240124_154348.jpg
    20240124_154348.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240124_141612.jpg
    20240124_141612.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240124_155210.jpg
    20240124_155210.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Back