• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Size Bolt is Missing

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
On a trip and noticed the bolt in the attached picture missing. It is the fairing around the bottom of the engine. Checked the other side and it is missing too. There are speed nuts behind so I assume they were there at some point. Anyone know what size of bolt is so I can stop in a hardware store and pick up a couple to hold fairing in place?

missing%2520bolt.jpg

On a trip and noticed the bolt in the attached picture missing. It is the fairing around the bottom of the engine. Checked the other side and it is missing too. There are speed nuts behind so I assume they were there at some point. Anyone know what size of bolt is so I can stop in a hardware store and pick up a couple to hold fairing

missing%2520bolt.jpg
5mmx11mm , look for a wider head.
Bob

It has a shoulder or collar so it tightens without crushing the fairing around the bolt hole. 5 mm allen key fits.

or go to lowes or home depot for a cheap substitute. they have plenty of metric bolts.you can put any M5,if you don't care about the look(make sure length is same,not greater). they might have the 'original' too.

+1 what Dave said in post 4. Get the proper shoulder bolt from Honda. If you use a simple bolt from the hardware store, Lowes, etc., then tightening the bolt sufficiently to keep it in place will crush the plastic. It was designed with a shoulder bolt for a reason.

The dealer service probably has a tin full of the ones they forgot to put back in customer's bikes.

Greg

+1 what Dave said in post 4. Get the proper shoulder bolt from Honda. If you use a simple bolt from the hardware store, Lowes, etc., then tightening the bolt sufficiently to keep it in place will crush the plastic. It was designed with a shoulder bolt for a reason.

The dealer service probably has a tin full of the ones they forgot to put back in customer's bikes.

Greg
Seeing how I might break bread with Fuzzy tomorrow I went by my dealer today looking for a couple of these. Sorry, no stocky.

Update - Right Side is Different

Little late with this update. Dealer in Brunswick, GA had the two bolts for me as promised when I got back from Sargent. Put the one in the left side but the one on the right side would not work. First glance thought I had also lost the speed nut, but there is no speed nut on the right side. On that side a standard 5mm bolt is used with a entension of the metal around the hole going inside the plastic so the shoulder on the bolt is not needed. The "special" bolt was not long enought to reach the threads. I have gone back to the drawing on Procaliber's page and can't identify the bolt. I had one that works but would like to understand what I am missing on the drawing of if the drawing is wrong?

On a related note the service manual does not have parts drawings. Is there somewhere to get a complete set of parts drawings?

Little late with this update. Dealer in Brunswick, GA had the two bolts for me as promised when I got back from Sargent. Put the one in the left side but the one on the right side would not work. First glance thought I had also lost the speed nut, but there is no speed nut on the right side. On that side a standard 5mm bolt is used with a entension of the metal around the hole going inside the plastic so the shoulder on the bolt is not needed. The "special" bolt was not long enought to reach the threads. I have gone back to the drawing on Procaliber's page and can't identify the bolt. I had one that works but would like to understand what I am missing on the drawing of if the drawing is wrong?

On a related note the service manual does not have parts drawings. Is there somewhere to get a complete set of parts drawings?
Looking here 2012 Honda NC700XD AC UNDER COWL | CyclePartsNation it looks like a 5 x 16 Truss Screw part # 90103-MGS-D50.

The drawing is of a DCT cowl and I don't have one so I am guessing.

look up on sites,that selling parts. someone mentioned here website from japan-they do have all the pics.
found it one-
here-

Honda 2012 NC700X AC - OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

i use to order parts for my CBR from them.

To anyone linking parts drawings here the original question pertained to a DCT model NC700XD lower cowl.

The fasteners for the NC700X AC lower cowl are shorter and won't work in a DCT cowl.

Back