• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why Are There So Many New, Low Mile NC750-DCTs for Sale?

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive only been looking for a couple of weeks, and I've seen what I consider to be quite a few very low mile (say under 5,000 miles) new (say '22 and up) bikes for sale. Do folks buy these things and fall out of love with the DCT or is it something else? (What's quite a few? Say over half a dozen - there are three in PA alone.)

Any ideas? Don't hesitate to tell me this is normal for any brand/model bike if you have seen multiple low mile, recent examples for sale.

There are ALWAYS low mileage examples of every model around. Generally speaking people buy new bikes, but hardly ever ride them. The AVERAGE motorcyclist rides 2500-3000 miles per year. so a 2022 model will most likely have 5000 miles..or less. Sometimes way less. I have seen used bikes with 40 miles on them before, and under 2,000 miles for a 5 year old bike isn't exactly rare.

Look at Harley Davidson. I want to a local dealer last weekend, they had over 36 low mileage (less than 10,000) on bikes anywhere from 1-8 years old. They had a number of 2022 models with less than 5000 miles.

I think in the UK the average annual mileage for bikes is also between 2000 and 3000 miles per year, but it's not hard to find bikes with far less. The UK is a great place to find low mileage used bikes in good condition, as a lot of riders are what can be called "fair weather riders", and probably only insure their bikes for 6 months from April to September.
I used to buy all my used bikes in the UK, but since they left the EU, this has now become much more difficult and financially pointless.

Covid. People bought bikes (among many other things) at a premium that they no longer want and/or no longer want to pay for. It's going to be a buyer's market soon.

Look at Harley Davidson. I want to a local dealer last weekend, they had over 36 low mileage (less than 10,000) on bikes anywhere from 1-8 years old. They had a number of 2022 models with less than 5000 miles.
Which dealer? I'm looking LOL.

Covid. People bought bikes (among many other things) at a premium that they no longer want and/or no longer want to pay for. It's going to be a buyer's market soon.
I thought during the COVID time, new vehicles were hard to get. Stock and production were low. That wouldn’t explain why extra bikes were purchased, or why today they no longer want them. But it would explain why they paid higher prices.

At our dealership, we regularly have bikes (bought-in or trade-in) with stupidly low mileage. Brand is irrelevant. Right now we have a HD Panamerica with less than 1000 km. Someone had to be upside-down on that deal. Heck, the Himalayan I bought had 1300 km on it. The guy owned it less than six months (winter) and traded.

At our dealership, we regularly have bikes (bought-in or trade-in) with stupidly low mileage. Brand is irrelevant. Right now we have a HD Panamerica with less than 1000 km. Someone had to be upside-down on that deal. Heck, the Himalayan I bought had 1300 km on it. The guy owned it less than six months (winter) and traded.
That Panamerica would sorely tempt me. Credit defaults are up currently and that may have something to do with more gently used bikes becoming available.

That Panamerica would sorely tempt me. Credit defaults are up currently and that may have something to do with more gently used bikes becoming available.
If it were up to me, you could have it. Bloody overweight beast. I haven’t ridden it, but just having to move it around in the shop is a job I shun. I also can’t abide the looks; the right hand side of the ”Revolution” engine looks like a Little Tikes My First Harley, and the left side, with ignition coils hung out in the breeze (and my knee space).

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

If it were up to me, you could have it. Bloody overweight beast. I haven’t ridden it, but just having to move it around in the shop is a job I shun. I also can’t abide the looks; the right hand side of the ”Revolution” engine looks like a Little Tikes My First Harley, and the left side, with ignition coils hung out in the breeze (and my knee space).

Fair enough. I thought it was within 50 lbs of an NC. I am not a fan because of the price and all the electronics. I want something simpler, but I do love the look of it.

It's competing with the already idiotic R1300GS... and it's a Harley. It's a nice ride (the Pan Am, won't touch BMW again), I demoed it last fall, but also 100% not for me.

Fair enough. I thought it was within 50 lbs of an NC. I am not a fan because of the price and all the electronics. I want something simpler, but I do love the look of it.
Actually, it is within 50ish lbs. But it absolutely does not feel like it. At least it uses a front tire size you can buy in the real world, unlike the Sportster S.

Back