• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Windshield Discussion

BikerSteve

Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently using the Honda touring windshield with Puig extender on top and they work well but i still get a ton of shoulder wind. Does anyone have an opinion in regards swapping to the 22” Madstad adjustable? Does it offer better deflection especially for shoulder wind? My other bike is a Goldwing and i get no wind and i’m beginning to think it spoiled me.

I have a Madstad on a NC700X and a 5th gen Wing. Both have superb wind management for a motorcycle, one with a fairing and one without a fairing. Emphasis being that the NC will never be a Wing and vice versa and both will never be a hardtop car with the windows rolled up.

California Scientific has some options too, along the lines of the Madstad.

Just don't try to make it look different ;)

I have a Madstad with a lip on top, it's great but probably still won't be a GW. I will say it has a LOT less wind to the helmet than the Harley Ultras I rode a few weeks back, and that surprised me.

I started out with a CalSci ... and it was pretty good. But eventually went with a MadStad largely based on the recommendation of this forum, and it is significantly better regarding buffeting (both were about the same size). My observation with both is that, for me, I should have gone one size bigger for each to really kill the buffeting at the top of my helmet. The great thing about the MadStad is its adjustability.

And of course, there are probably dozens of existing windscreen discussions available through searching the forum.

My NC700S has a CalSci windshield. I’m swapping for a Givi 1112S (6cm higher than stock). It won’t offer as much wind protection, but it offers enough, and it looks good. I didn’t buy a naked bike just to push a plank through the air.

I started out with a CalSci ... and it was pretty good. But eventually went with a MadStad largely based on the recommendation of this forum, and it is significantly better regarding buffeting (both were about the same size). My observation with both is that, for me, I should have gone one size bigger for each to really kill the buffeting at the top of my helmet. The great thing about the MadStad is its adjustability.
i’m 5’-10”. i did some measuring and it looks like the 22” will fit best. what size did u go with?

My NC700S has a CalSci windshield. I’m swapping for a Givi 1112S (6cm higher than stock). It won’t offer as much wind protection, but it offers enough, and it looks good. I didn’t buy a naked bike just to push a plank through the air.
Only problem is if you don’t have decent windshield then you become the plank.

I am currently using the Honda touring windshield with Puig extender on top and they work well but i still get a ton of shoulder wind. Does anyone have an opinion in regards swapping to the 22” Madstad adjustable? Does it offer better deflection especially for shoulder wind? My other bike is a Goldwing and i get no wind and i’m beginning to think it spoiled me.
Goldwings will do that.:cool:

i’m 5’-10”. i did some measuring and it looks like the 22” will fit best. what size did u go with?
I'm 5-11 and bought the 20" based on the measurements at the time (their YouTube vid with the cardboard cut out wasn't around then). I should have gone 22".

I'm 5-11 and bought the 20" based on the measurements at the time (their YouTube vid with the cardboard cut out wasn't around then). I should have gone 22".
thanks for the confirmation. i measured what i have now and 22” seems perfect

Back