• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 NC700X with rebuilt title

user_ds

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I wanted to ask what your thoughts are about this nice 2012 NC700X for sale that has a rebuilt title. The owner bought it in 2017 for his son. The bike was inspected and recertified by Honda with a new title. He doesn't know if the original odometer was used because his title shows 2413 miles under odometer reading but under 'actual milage' it discloses as 'Rebuilt'. Is it better to stay away from a motorcycle with a rebuilt title ? Thank you for any insight and I wanted to say it again that I do enjoy reading this forum.
Here is the link to the craigslist ad:

That likely means it was crashed and then put back together. Ride it and see what you think.

Or, buy my ‘12 for a bit less, with every Honda option plus a Madstad and a Corbin, but with lots more miles.

Either one should last you ‘forever,’ IF the crashed bike doesn’t have hidden troubles inside.

For a twelve year old NC, even with low miles, the price is a bit high. However, it does look nice and with a very thorough, passing inspection, I would be fine purchasing it. Too bad it comes with no history as to how it came to have a rebuilt title.

If you're wary, stay away unless you can get it for about half the bike's blue book. In this case around $2000. Not only is it 12 years old, you don't know what happened to it, and the 'next guy' certainly won't want to pay that much for it either with a rebuilt title.

The only time it's worth buying rebuilt, IMO, is when it is very very cheap, before it is rebuilt. Only then can you know what work was done and how well.

It’s probably fine, but that looks like a price for the same bike without the stigma of the rebuilt title. I find it hard to believe no one recorded the existing mileage to give a figure to add to the displayed mileage. Good NCs are not impossible to find. I would walk away unless the prices is reduced. A lot.

First ... do what Alias said above and check with your insurance company. Insuring rebuilt vehicles is hit or miss depending on the company. You might also check with your local DMV about any issues titling in your name.

Ther are lots of nice well farkled non wrecked NC's for sale, a lot of them show up here on this forum. I'd pass personally.

Ther are lots of nice well farkled non wrecked NC's for sale, a lot of them show up here on this forum. I'd pass personally.
Actually I like this one because it’s nearly stock. Not all farkles are good farkles. I pass on any bike that doesn’t have a stock exhaust, but this one does.
Check with your insurance company. I called about a scooter with a simulator title issue.

They would only offer liability insurance
Then again, if I bought this bike for under $3000, liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist might be all I’d want.

It really depends on the buyer’s wants. We can’t fully advise, but all posts made good points.

Assuming it's been rebuilt and rides well, the most important thing is you get it at a great price. If you ever decide to sell it, the pool of willing buyers will be small, which means your selling price will also be low (and it will take a much longer time to sell).

I see some good, clean title, NCs listed for $4k so I think the asking price for this one is a bit high.

Thank you so much for all your recommendations. I like those bikes best in silver color and this one is not that far away from me, so driving there first to test ride/buy it and then taking uber to ride it home would be feasible for me. I asked the owner if he knows what was the damage that resulted in a rebuilt title, but he hasn't written anything back. He said before that he was himself worried about the rebuilt thing but he checked it thoroughly before before buying it in 2017. Anyways, if I end up going to check the bike, I will report about it. Have safe and good rides over the weekend :)

That likely means it was crashed and then put back together. Ride it and see what you think.

Or, buy my ‘12 for a bit less, with every Honda option plus a Madstad and a Corbin, but with lots more miles.

Either one should last you ‘forever,’ IF the crashed bike doesn’t have hidden troubles inside.
Thank you for your offer, but I'm looking for something locally.

Check the vin number at https://www.nicb.org/vincheck .

VINCheck® Total Loss Record​

VIN: JH2RC6351CK000565 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheck® Salvage Records.

Date of loss2014-06-27 Cause of loss Collision
Good find. When looking at the bike, one thing to check is if the stops that prevent the handlebars from going into the tank/frunk are still intact. Since those are welded to the frame, breaking those would total the bike.

Back