• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Triumph....not for them...(or me)

tromba

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, after I had decided to get a motorcycle I was infatuated with the Triumph Bonneville SE & Scrambler. In fact I started a spreadsheet called 'Bonniesave' on my computer to keep track of my savings so I would know when I could pull the trigger. Anyway, I also contacted the Triumph Dealership online to arrange a test ride...ok folks that was in May, I have since bought a NC and couldn't be happier.

Well, today I received my first email response about trying out a Scrambler.

They are a bit late. Oh well...

You could go ahead and get that test ride. I took a test ride on one and really liked it. The dealer offered a very poor trade-in on what I was riding and wanted full msrp +, so walked away on that. What I really notice is when you get an older classic Triumph twin next to the new twins, the new twins are just not as good looking. So if that craving for a Triumph twin just doesn't go away look for an older Triumph.

Art

Seriously, I don't really get why "everyone" wants a Bonneville. :p
I mean it looks nice, shiny and retro.

Triumph is a brand I associate with female-supporting clothes. :D
Sorry I am not that historic.
Just kidding around.
:p

When visiting a well known bike meet at Box Hill on my Kawasaki W650 I was approached by a really big guy wearing a waist coat covered in Triumph Owners club badges. I was expecting some negative comments however he just walked around the bike twice muttered "Humpf looks more like a bonnie than the new Bonnie does" and wandered off into the crowd

the kawasaki W650 is what Triumph should of made.
lovely bikes
these are going up in price compared to the new W800.
w1150h625_000000B630DCDFF9.jpg

w800............
2011-kawasaki-w800-2.jpg

sorry to say Dick its not easy to navigate. tried a few times. click my arrow on a subject and bugger all happens.

Back