• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alarm system

MSAB

Reaction score
Visit site
Q 1. Insurance company requires the following features to be present to insure and give a discount. Which alarm system has all the following:
- Auto shut off
- GPS
- Battery backup
- Immobilizer
- Motion detection

Q 2. Which system do you use for your NC ?

Thanks to all replies in advance.

Q 1. Insurance company requires the following features to be present to insure and give a discount. Which alarm system has all the following:
- Auto shut off
- GPS
- Battery backup
- Immobilizer
- Motion detection

Buy an iPHONE, i'd bet it has all the apps...
:p

(just kidding, don't take me too seriously on this one).
:p

That short nose guy should be easy to fit in the chest pocket of most riding jackets.
That long barrel guy should be able to pick off a thief even if he had a couple minute head start.
Maybe the mid length (.45?) would be a good compromise.

In my personal experience (in the automotive industry) the only person aftermarket alarms prevent from starting the vehicle is the rightful owner. I cannot tell you how many after market alarms I have removed for a no-start or a parasitic draw problem. For me personally there is no amount of discount on insurance that would entice me to install such a device. If Honda made an alarm or immobilizer that would be another story. What i recommend to people who are truly concerned about vehicle theft is park inside (use a D-lock around your wheel) and buy Lo Jack. If someone wants what you have bad enough.. its already gone, but Lo Jack can help you get it back!

Don't take this the wrong way, but would you guys seriously be able to take someones life for stealing your bike? I know I couldn't do it. And I certainly wouldn't want the bike back if someone stole it. I'll just take the insurance check and move on.

WGW

Thanks wgwgoklwing.
Apparently no one uses these alarms and have enough muscle power to fend off thieves.
Just wanted to know if any particular system is preferred, since the insurance companies keep on asking for those.

My bike lives in my garage, which is attached to my house. Anybody who chooses to break into my house, I will fear for my life and those that I dearly love, and they will pay the ultimate price. If I leave it parked at a store or eatery and they take it, I will collect my insurance and move on. My insurance co asked no questions about alarms etc. Craig92DA9 is correct, aftermarket alarm/ignition disablers are junk and usually only a problem to the owner.

- Auto shut off
- GPS
- Battery backup
- Immobilizer
- Motion detection

I apologize for not replying appropriately in my first post with my feeble attempt at humor. (And not helping you)
Dennis posted this a while back and it does look promising. I may buy it myself.
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-news/867-gorilla-8007-alarm-review.html
With the features it offers, its worth a good look!
One that will inhibit the engine from starting may work in some cases, but the only bike thefts that have happened in my area involed loading the bike in a vehical.

Thanks wgwgoklwing.
Apparently no one uses these alarms and have enough muscle power to fend off thieves.
Just wanted to know if any particular system is preferred, since the insurance companies keep on asking for those.

Muscles won't do much good the thief has a gun or knife.

Don't take this the wrong way, but would you guys seriously be able to take someones life for stealing your bike? I know I couldn't do it. And I certainly
wouldn't want the bike back if someone stole it. I'll just take the insurance check and move on.
WGW

I never said I would take someones life for a bike. But I would stop them from taking it though. If they chose suicide, that is their choice. Remember I would be the victim, not them!
If the crooks knew no one would try and stop them. Whats the risk?
These pukes raise our insurance rates and terrorize people that can't take care of themselves.
I wont put up with that on my place or with my property. If you choose to do nothing, I'm ok with that. We all have a choice and you should be comfortable with it.

Feeble attempt at humor. (And not helping you)
Dennis posted this a while back and it does look promising. I may buy it myself.
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-news/867-gorilla-8007-alarm-review.html
With the features it offers, its worth a good look!

Thank you very much Turbodieseli4i6 (as some point I will go to search why you chose this long name). Your input/s are great and I did get the humorous jokes from everyone. Really loving this forum ...
Yes, the Gorilla 8017 apparently looks great and for the sake of insurance I will probably install it. There is a ~50% discount on it on amazon now (don't know if it is a good deal or not though):

Gorilla Automotive 8017 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System : Amazon.com : Automotive

Back