• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aloha Bike Geeks

Taksyelbo

Reaction score
Visit site
Please don't get me wrong, Bike Geek is a term of endearment and happy to be back among the tribe of motorized bike geeks after 16 years of only self powered bicycling. Sold my old Virago back when my son was born, and now that he wants to drive my truck, got myself a 2016 NC700x to make my island commute more soulful and fun. So far so good. One question....have seen some posts about replacing stock windscreen..... but wanted to solicit more info and be sure whatever I order actually fits 2016 model, as shipping to Hawaii is a pain in the arse. Most models I see online don't go beyond 2015 model, and wondering if the 2016 configuration is same? Thank you. Mahalo!

No they are not the same. Using Puig as an example their models that fit 2012-2015 begin with 5992 followed by a letter that designates the tint and their models for 2016-2017 begin with 8910 followed by a letter.

got myself a 2016 NC700x to make my island commute more soulful and fun. So far so good.

One question....have seen some posts about replacing stock windscreen..... wondering if the 2016 configuration is same?
Welcome from Oregon and congrats on your new bike.

As stated, 12-15 model's bolt pattern for the windscreen mount was changed with the 16-17 models, mounts are not compatible at all.

I do a lot of cross country miles and swear by the Madstad windscreen. Commuting on an island might not warrant that much comfort.

Ray

Mahalo Ray.....I have 70 mile r/t commute believe it or not...........and it's windy as hell! Appreciate the feedback and will look into the Madstad. My issue is that I thought the bolt patterns were different but finding a '16 compatible windscreen has been challenging. Will continue the search............cheers.

Commuting on an island might not warrant that much comfort.

Ray

WARRANT COMFORT?!?!? Commuting on Maui could be accomplished on a turtle and still be comfortable!! Please post some pics of your fav spots. I would love to be tooling around on my NC in Hawaii!!

Congrats and welcome!

Pictures

Stay tuned............will see what I can pull together. If you have Google Earth....you could have some gun looking at Waipoli Road or Haleakala Highway, Hana Highway, or Kahakuloa..........all exceptional rides.
IMG_20170224_184722[9420].jpgIMG_20170305_113037382[9419].jpgIMG_20170305_113153839[9418].jpg

Back