• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Canister Drain Tube / Line?

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to install some engine bars on my new 2023 when I do my first oil change this weekend, and they attach to the big bolt right there in the middle of this photo, and the bar comes out a bit lower down from the bolt, and as a result it will put some tension on that line right there in the middle, with "0822" on it.
IMG20230623142531.jpg

In order to try to avoid a potential problem, I decided to see if I could get a length of that same line and cut it about 1-2 cm longer so I wouldn't have the tension. Trouble was, even the local Honda dealer couldn't find the specs on that line. (The part they could get, but pre-cut, etc.)

That line seems to be part number 6 in the canister diagram. I pulled the cover off yesterday and confirmed that the line attaches to that little 3-way joint. This then appears to connect to the overflow drain up at the tank filler through part 1 and the F-21 diagram, meaning this is a drain hose, not a vac or fluid line.
1687550225836.png

That reduces my anxiety about having it tensioned too much, to a degree, however, I'd rather cut a piece longer if I could. I did buy a couple feet of 8mm hose 4.5mm ID from the dealer after the mechanic said "looks kinda like this!" because worst-case scenario, I have it onhand, it doesn't fit, and I'm out the $4.89 I paid 'em.

Anyone familiar with that hose know the OD / ID dimensions?

I confirmed that the OD 8mm, ID 4mm line they sold me at the dealer fits the barbs on the cannister. That barb is plastic and I think putting tension on it from the side is probably a bad idea long term, so I'll definitely lengthen it if the engine bar install necessitates that.

Back