• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Completely New to the Forum and Completely New to the Bike.

AttiqGomer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

As the title says I am new both to the forum and the bike.

A smidge of information about myself. I am a motorcycle instructor. Who wouldn't like to get paid for riding their bike! I have just bought the NC700S for teaching the open class licence here in Australia.

What I am here to do is ask what people here would suggest as good products for protecting the bike from Students who will drop the bike at slow speeds, ie: Crash bars ect. Also what exhaust would you suggest changing to from the stock (I plan on keeping the original to put back on in the future probably between 5 and 10 years time). Finally I tow a trailer with my bike does anyone know of any attachable towbars for the NC700S?

I will be here to ask lots of questions as I am only really just starting to learn the craft of accessorising my bike. ;)

Thanks for your time.

I hope to hear from lots of people that can help me.

Attiq Gomer.

Welcome Attiq from Utah.

Have no clue about an attachable towing hitch for the NC, but third party crash bars are starting to appear. Givi, SW Motech offer crash bars that provide relatively discrete engine and radiator protection. Frame sliders would also be worth considering (Sato Racing, R&G Racing spring to mind, and there may be others).

Barkbusters or similar hand guards would be useful protection also..

A search on the site for 'exhaust' will illicit as many opinions as you want, and you might also search YouTube. Mostly it seems people shop them for their sound and looks rather than much performance difference.

Good luck and welcome!

Last edited:
Hi welcome from the UK. A member of another forum found that the Givi bars worked well when she dropped her bike in a rush to get to her husband who had just come off his BMW ahead of her. That was on a X but I'm sure that the ones for the S would be just as good

welcome from Ga via Nc.
i have the Givi crash bars on my bike, i am please with them. on my one (so far) ooopsy they did
help protect the bike from damage.
maybe if you did the crash bars, and frame sliders it would help.
you know students can find a myriad of ways to fall/damage stuff.

Hello, welcome to the forum! Did you get a red NC700S? That's my favourite colour, but they don't sell the red'uns in Europe. I have no idea why not though....:(

OOOOOHHHH Yeah Red is what I had to get its actually one of the 3 colours on my Business Card!!!! Its funny about a week ago I had a dream just after I decided to buy it (still took me another 4 days to get to ordering it) that I manged to score a Red, Yellow and black version, (of which none really exists) the tyres where red and the rims were yellow... it did the whole fade from one colour to another.... Thinking a bit more about the dream I think the bike was painted to look like my logo sort of....

OOOOOHHHH Yeah Red is what I had to get its actually one of the 3 colours on my Business Card!!!! Its funny about a week ago I had a dream just after I decided to buy it (still took me another 4 days to get to ordering it) that I manged to score a Red, Yellow and black version, (of which none really exists) the tyres where red and the rims were yellow... it did the whole fade from one colour to another.... Thinking a bit more about the dream I think the bike was painted to look like my logo sort of....

You really shouldn't eat cheese before going to bed :)

I beat the crap out my bike learning to ride it in the first few days. I went looking for limits that I shouldn't have been looking for quite so soon and found them. In my experience, the things most likely to take a beating being dropped in a wide open parking lot are bar ends and levers so a set of hand guards will go a long way there unless you have cheap source for bar end weights. Also the shift\brake pedals can get twisted when you drop the bike so a couple of frame sliders one either side should solve that. The signal lights are remarkably well placed to protect them so few worries there. Crash bars are a great idea - the SW-Motech bars are slated for my bike shortly. I don't think you need HONDABIKEPROs http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1187-nc700-skid-plate.html but its pretty bad ass.

Last edited:
here ya go a red un.............
8500124B3012041900500.jpg

I shall certainly provide you with pictures as soon as I pick the bike up...... As it was last years model I had to do a lot of ringing round to find one in my state so that my local dealer could ring them to buy it from them to give to me.. So its 90% paid for just waiting on delivery... (next few days supposedly) Looking forward to it... Then comes the Mods..... However I am not super knowledgable about mods hence why I have come to ask people here.... =-)

I beat the crap out my bike learning to ride it in the first few days. I went looking for limits that I shouldn't have been looking for quite so soon and found them. In my experience, the things most likely to take a beating being dropped in a wide open parking lot are bar ends and levers so a set of hand guards will go a long way there unless you have cheap source for bar end weights. Also the shift\brake pedals can get twisted when you drop the bike so a couple of frame sliders one either side should solve that. The signal lights are remarkably well placed to protect them so few worries there. Crash bars are a great idea - the SW-Motech bars are slated for my bike shortly. I don't think you need HONDABIKEPROs http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1187-nc700-skid-plate.html but its pretty bad ass.

Whenever I look at that link there is no pictures for the skid plate... So I dont know what it is and what it belongs over.....

welcome from Ga via Nc.
i have the Givi crash bars on my bike, i am please with them. on my one (so far) ooopsy they did
help protect the bike from damage.
maybe if you did the crash bars, and frame sliders it would help.
you know students can find a myriad of ways to fall/damage stuff.

Oh Yeah Students can do some real stupid things...... But then again so can experienced riders too lol

Back