• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coolant flush > what's the trick to fully drain?

paprides

Reaction score
Visit site
Undid and drained the radiator and a little bit of coolant came from the water pump. collected a bout .8 of a litre, yet the manual says 1.69 litres capacity so i know i'm leaving some in there.

Fished around (well, I look like a fish on the bottom of a boat flopping around the bike on the garage floor) for a while to file another drain but could not positively identify one.

Anyone know the process? (regrettably, i am not yet in possession of a shop manual)

2012 NC700X.

Many thanks!

If you don't re-use the old coolant drained from the radiator during valve adjustments, and you do the valve adjustments more or less on schedule, then you should never have to do a complete change of the anti-freeze. Half of the fill refreshed every 8-10K miles would result in a perpetually happy cooling system.

good point!
Although I'm uncertain if the coolant was fully drained and system flushed, so now the job is complete, i'm certain!

Thank you all for your assistance.

(the most cloying and annoying part of home maintenance is dealing with the disposal of the fluids at the local recyclers)

----(the most cloying and annoying part of home maintenance is dealing with the disposal of the fluids at the local recyclers) -----
??? not in US. you just bring all fluids to any auto shop or auto parts store and they will accept it w/o any problems. in many places you just leave those fluids on tha back of the store(where you see bunch of water gallon bottles,filled with used oil) . but that's not the right way to dispose :)

good point!
Although I'm uncertain if the coolant was fully drained and system flushed, so now the job is complete, i'm certain!

Thank you all for your assistance.

(the most cloying and annoying part of home maintenance is dealing with the disposal of the fluids at the local recyclers)

What VE258 said :)

Canadian Tire in south van on Marine near Cambie takes antifreeze and motor oil, amongst other things. (Most of the other branches should, but not all may) Some other auto supply places might as well, like Lordco.

Recyclepedia - Results | Recycling Council of British Columbia

This is a good resource to peruse

Recyclepedia - Search | Recycling Council of British Columbia

What VE258 said :)

Canadian Tire in south van on Marine near Cambie takes antifreeze and motor oil, amongst other things. (Most of the other branches should, but not all may) Some other auto supply places might as well, like Lordco.

Recyclepedia - Results | Recycling Council of British Columbia

This is a good resource to peruse

Recyclepedia - Search | Recycling Council of British Columbia

Yes, Canadian Tire here in London also and COSTCO just took a jug of waste oil and my old scooter tires.

Back