• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dunlop pics - 2787 miles

Konrad

Reaction score
Visit site
I know many of us are aware of the Dunlop tire problem but here's what I ended up with after almost 2800 miles. Front tire has cracks and rear tire is bald. We'll see if Honda helps at all.

Rear tire.jpg

Front tire.jpg

Odometer.jpg

[Front tire has cracks and rear tire is bald. We'll see if Honda helps at all.] Did someone from Honda promise that the tires would last xxxx-miles?

[Front tire has cracks and rear tire is bald. We'll see if Honda helps at all.] Did someone from Honda promise that the tires would last xxxx-miles?

No, but it's been well known in the community for quite some time now that there has been exceptionally abnormal wear show up from this model of Dunlop, and several dealerships/countries have either replaced them free of charge, or given a substantial pro-rated goodwill swap out to different tires.

No, but I've seen Honda make right before. And I've heard from people on here that they have made right as well. I've blown up a 2-stroke CR125R before and Honda gave me a whole new head, piston, rings, gaskets because it was technically flawed and we know 2-strokes come with NO warranty. Either way, I love my DCT. It's just worth trying since all I do is commute. Even if they comped the dealer a credit on the tab a percentage. We all know street tires and commuter bike should = greater than 2787 miles.

So the verdict is Honda told me No to warranty. The dealer said we may be able to ask Dunlop but they would put the same tire on again, if they approved it. Since the dealer takes good care of me on cost of parts, I'm going to chalk it up and most likely mount some Angel GT's on the bike today.

Worth a shot.

So the verdict is Honda told me No to warranty. The dealer said we may be able to ask Dunlop but they would put the same tire on again, if they approved it. Since the dealer takes good care of me on cost of parts, I'm going to chalk it up and most likely mount some Angel GT's on the bike today.

Worth a shot.

Tough luck on that one, mate. At least you tried, anyway! Did you print out all of the relevant examples on the 'net of these Dunlop wear out problems? That's what I do when I go in to moan about something, lol. Getting the blank look, or worse, the eye roll from dealers when you try to start a sentence with: "but I read on the internet that..." never does my blood pressure any good :D :eek:

I KNOW that Honda has replaced tires in Canada..... this was one of my concerns when I bought my NC750x in December, and when I spoke to a MAIN Honda dealer in Toronto, THEY told me that IF there was so much evidence circulating that Honda WOULD/SHOULD replace them, IF there was a COMPLAINT from the owner.
Apparently, according to the dealer..... Honda have not issued a RECALL or SERVICE BULLETIN ... BECAUSE that would be expensive.... SO they wait for unhappy owners to contact them .... cheaper that way ;)

I know many of us are aware of the Dunlop tire problem but here's what I ended up with after almost 2800 miles. Front tire has cracks and rear tire is bald. We'll see if Honda helps at all.

I heard about this issue with these particular tires. NaNCy is a 2013 with the Metzeler Z8s, which have over 4,000 miles with plenty of thread left. The rear tire has this "LIP" that sticks out about 1/4" over the side wall of the tire. If you lean too far over, you end up on this "LIP" and the tire will side out from underenth the bike. I think that's why I feel over in a low speed right turn. I've felt this on sharp left turns too. Once the tire is worn out, I'll be putting on some Bridgestone T30s . These replace the Bridgestone BT023s.

Tough luck on that one, mate. At least you tried, anyway! Did you print out all of the relevant examples on the 'net of these Dunlop wear out problems? That's what I do when I go in to moan about something, lol. Getting the blank look, or worse, the eye roll from dealers when you try to start a sentence with: "but I read on the internet that..." never does my blood pressure any good :D :eek:

Yeah for me I do a few of the individual employee's insurance(that's my job) at the Honda dealer so I don't want to push my limits on this problem. It all works out in the end and I love the bike. I can be mad at Dunlop for making such crummy tires. Excited to see how these Angel GT's work though.

If you're looking for long life, the Angel GT's probably aren't the way to go - http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...d-you-do-your-nc700-today-128.html#post113932

I replaced mine in < 7k miles, which was less than expected. They were good, sticky tires when they were there though.

trey

Well shoot. lol. There's so many tires out there. As long as there not toast at 2,500 miles like these $%#^ dunlops I'll live. I like the way it handles so that's good. Next time I may go a little more 80 On-road 20-offroad so it's fine.

I have the Avon Storm Ultra 2's on mine after about the same mileage as you with the dunlop cheesemax's.

My dealer said the same about Honda not doing anything under warranty but he did me a good deal on the Avons.

I've had the Avon Storms on a previous bike (Suzuki RF900) and they were great, good grip and long lasting, that's why I chose them again for the NC! And I'm glad I did, they are awesome, I find them very inspiring!

Back