• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman Finish Long Way Up on LiveWires

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
From Ushuaia, Argentina to Los Angeles, California When I first hear that Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman were going to take Harley-Davidson’s new LiveWire from Argentina to California for another show called Long Way Up, I was a bit skeptical. Where would they charge the bikes? Well, now the team has finished the ride and ...
The post Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman Finish Long Way Up on LiveWires appeared first on webBikeWorld.

More...

Here we go again. Camera Crews, Gas chargers, back up vans. Whats the point........

I just hope it is fun to watch.

Long Way Round was fun to watch.

Long Way Down was a good idea, gone wrong somewhere along the way and lost its fun

If Long Way Up can reclaim its sense of adventure, humor, and not become a couple wealthy blokes on bikes being self proclaiming superior eco-jerks on electric bikes, showing us common folk the 'right way' to treat the planet then it might be good.

And if they show the technical potential and the actual shortcomings of the e-bikes, and share their frustrations along with their discoveries, then we also might see an entertaining show that gives us insight into new, upcoming technologies that might be applied to far more vehicles in the future. But no matter what, first and foremost I turn to the television set to be entertained and informed. Long Way Round did that job nicely, it was entertaining and it was informative. I'm hoping that Long Way Up, if it is their swan song, is reclaims fun and adventure, while also showing the realistic abilities of e-bikes.

Also interesting to see that it ended in Las Angeles. Why not go up the coast all the way to Seattle... its scenic and rural and probably has plenty of charging stations? Or perhaps the Grand Canyon or maybe ending somewhere along Route 66 as those areas are probably long stretches without plenty charging stations?

To me ending in LA, the home of all things eco-electric, where charging stations outnumber even the ever present illegal aliens, seem like a technological cop out. How about going out into the real United States where these charging systems seem to be popping up, but are not ever-present. Ride those bikes through Oklahoma where charging stations don't grow like dandelions in a summer lawn and let us see how that technology works in the civilized world.

Perhaps I'm complaining too much. I am looking forward to watching the show.

Last edited:
Given its popularity, I would have thought they’d go up to Alaska and ride the Dalton to Deadhorse and the Arctic Ocean - could have flown the bikes from the NW US (they ferried them a good bit in LWD).
I’m hopeful LWU will exceed my expectations, which are so low it would be almost impossible not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read early on they didn't want to go to Alaska because they were already there in Long Way Round.

Might have picked a Canadian destination if they really wanted to go Long Way Up. Pretty much like the name of the show should have been 1/2 Way Up.

It's like they just got to civilization and modern society and stopped? What is it really like to ride those things in a nation that actually has reasonably plentiful charging stations? Crossing a decent bit of the USA on a Livewire without the use of generator trucks would have at least proved the practicality (or impracticality) of a battery powered bike for long range travel.

Again, I'm bitching. I am looking forward to viewing it. Just not sure if it is doomed from the start to fall short of all expectations.

Back