• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extra storage for overnight trip

LanceK

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m thinking of going on my first overnight moto-camping trip. I’d like suggestions on a way to carry a little more gear than what will fit in the frunk. Since this will not be a regular thing, I don’t want to go and spend a lot of money on special cases that will only be used once.

Go to Walmart and pick up a 40L Drybag for less than $20. Cheap and your gear will stay dry. Strap it across the passenget seat. Only drawback is filling up with gas.its easier if you strap your gear down with Rok Straps, but regular bungies will do, or rope if your in a real pinch

I agree with the Ferret. A dry bag strapped to the seat will carry most all your camping items. I strap a 50 liter dry bag to my “Dales” rack. In it is a tent, tent foot print, sleeping bag, hammer and ropes, air mattress, pillow, shower towel, camping chair, and a few other small items. Those things just live in the bag all the time. When it’s time to moto camp, I grab the bag and go. I tie it down with ROK straps.

Good idea. I think rok straps must be tried to appreciate, they seem so simple, and not much better than rope or bungee cords, but with all the great reviews, there must be something to them.

I’ve thought about the dale’s rack, but when I sit on my bike, I often sit against the passenger seat and the dale’s rack looks like it would be uncomfortable for the way I ride. Great solution for sure, being able to refuel without moving the seat would be nice. I always worry about the cables breaking not allowing the rear seat to open and for me to refuel.

Last edited:
Rok straps are great! I haven't used an old style bungie in a decade or more. Once you go Rok, you can't go bock lol

If the seat latch thing really worries you too much, somewhere on this forum are instructions for an emergency cable you can rig up for peace of mind.

RokStraps are great because they clip/unclip easily but are secure, the "stretchy part" makes connecting to any part of the bike and tightening easy, and they don't have a ton of "left over" strap to deal with. They aren't cheap compared to other basic tie down straps, but they've been designed with a motorcycle in mind and it shows.

RokStraps are great because they clip/unclip easily but are secure, the "stretchy part" makes connecting to any part of the bike and tightening easy, and they don't have a ton of "left over" strap to deal with. They aren't cheap compared to other basic tie down straps, but they've been designed with a motorcycle in mind and it shows.
I also like that the ROK straps (with the loop ends) have no metal parts that could cut into vinyl or scratch up paint or plastic.

Back