• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fairing Panel or Fake Tank removal.

Solent biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.
I am intending to feed a cable from the battery to the rear of the riders seat on the right side between the fake tank and the outside fairing panels.

This cable is for Gerbing Heated gloves and has a female socket on one end and an in-line fuse towards the other end.

I have tried using a 'mouse' to help it through several times from each end to no avail because the offending obstacles are too big.

I am now wondering how to remove the fake tank or at least ease fairing panels to gain access. I don't really want to take half the bike apart. I don't want to start taking some fixings out just in case something drops away never to be seen again.

Help!!!!! Anyone???????

Thank you for the link, it certainly helped. Some of the images were a little bemusing but all in all a great help.
As for the service manual, (i'm guessing you mean the workshop manual as we call it) i haven't seen one that's been written for this machine. I may be wrong.

Two weeks ago when I started putting some LED driving lights and a homemade bracket on the NC it was a Swearing relationship that lasted about 6 hours. If removing the top side bolt that is shiny (only one) be careful that the threaded clip doesn't fall off the plastic tab. If it does you may hear a sound like metal hitting plastic falling and then a metal on metal sound. Took me another 4 hrs to figure out how to take the whole sidepanel off and find the clip in the most hidden area on the engine. Now after putting it together and taking it apart 3-4 times I can have the side panel off in about 10 minutes and not be hurrying. A member has a video on this forum that is very good on taking the left side panel off. My wife has smaller hands and can easily put the two plastic rivets back in on the forward part that connects the silver to the black on the inside. Search Panel Removal. Once you learn how to do it it is easy. Just learn how to work those plastic rivets first. Owners manual tells you how.

Back