• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

For the Record: Insane 8000cc Motorcycle Lands “World’s Fastest Two-Up on a Motorcycle”

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember that bonkers muscle-cycle with a Viper V10 engine that was the absolute personification of America’s most powerful, naturally-aspirated engine?

Well, she just smashed a speed record at Elvington (shocker) – and we have the name of the gent who had the balls to hop up pillion on the thing.

Alan Millard and Henry Cole - two gents that just clocked a pair of world speed records on an insane, 8000cc motorcycle. Media sourced from the GBG Guernsey Bikers Group on Facebook.
Alan Millard and Henry Cole - two gents that just clocked a pair of world speed records on an insane, 8000cc motorcycle. Media sourced from the GBG Guernsey Bikers Group on Facebook.

Alan Millard and Henry Cole – two gents that just clocked a pair of world speed records on an insane, 8000cc motorcycle. Media sourced from the GBG Guernsey Bikers Group on Facebook.

“[Allen Millyard] said to me: ‘Do you fancy going on the back of my bike?’ I want to attempt the land speed record for two-up on a motorcycle,” laughs Henry Cole in coverage from Motorcycle News.

“We had a right laugh, but I’ve got to tell you it was a struggle!”

A view of the insane motorcycle that just broke two Guinness World Records. Media sourced from the GBG Guernsey Bikers Group on Facebook.
A view of the insane motorcycle that just broke two Guinness World Records. Media sourced from the GBG Guernsey Bikers Group on Facebook.

The “struggle” is clearly visible; with the bike previously breaking the 200mph barrier, Henry tucked into bike engineer extraordinaire Alan Millyard, and held on for dear life as the motorcycle rocketed over 1.25 miles from a standing start.

The results were worth it; on top of landing the Guinness World Record for “World’s Fastest Two-Up on a Motorcycle,” the pair also won “World’s Fastest One-Mile Standing Start Speed Record,” hitting 178.614mph throughout the 29 miles logged that day.

A view of the insane motorcycle that just broke two Guinness World Records. Media sourced from MCN.
A view of the insane motorcycle that just broke two Guinness World Records. Media sourced from MCN.

As the rider, Alan’s reaction is all that’s needed for an understanding of how this all feels:

“I’m on a homemade bike that weighs 600kg with no fairing. I’ve got that to manage, and then I’ve got someone on the back.”

“It’s like having a top box on the back of your bike, full of cement. I was very cautious and careful, and progressively went faster and faster across the day.”

*Media sourced from MCN and GBG Guernsey Bikers Group on Facebook*​

The post For the Record: Insane 8000cc Motorcycle Lands “World’s Fastest Two-Up on a Motorcycle” appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Millyard is an incredible engineer. The centrestand activation on that bike is brilliant also as it would need to be. His work with multi cylindered Kawasakis is legendary

Back