• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Garage door opener

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good motorcycle specific garage door opener? I found a company ‘mo-door’ that sells them but I have no experience.

This is the one I use.
I have it on a wire loop on my handlebars.
Tiny, cheap, and available everywhere.
Can program 2 different doors.

I looked at this one from Mo-Door. Weatherproof, battery powered, so no need to splice into the bike's wires. They make several other models if you don't like the microswitch. Personally I liked this model because the microswitch button would effectively be nearly invisible on the black plastic parts of the bike.

Ultimately I just slipped an extra universal remote into the sleeve pocket of my jacket. They are cheap. The downside is they are not weatherproof so I suppose if I got caught in heavy rain while wearing my mesh jacket I could short one out. Universal remotes are cheap and easy and each of my jackets have sleeve pockets so the remotes just sit in those pockets. My universal remotes are slightly larger than the one in Bigbird's post above, but same concept; just a small cheap universal remote.

I just carry an extra garage door controller in my right moto jacket pocket. I orient the controller in such a way that I know the button placement. I just push the appropriate button with my gloved hand through the jacket material, and up goes the door.

Back