• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Healtech Speedohealer

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have ordered a Healtech Speedohealer and whilst I am waiting I am researching the installation procedure. It is not clear where I should connect the wiring. I am thinking of doing it behind the meter/dash can anyone tell me the exact location.
My bike is a 2016 Nc750x DCT ABS.
Thanks

There is only one connector behind the meter/dash....you have to remove the windshield, remove the 3 screws holding the metered dash on, lift up about an inch and disconnect the connector..

There is only one connector behind the meter/dash....you have to remove the windshield, remove the 3 screws holding the metered dash on, lift up about an inch and disconnect the connector..
Thanks it actually a bit more difficult for me. I have made a complicated setup for my screen it’s a combination of a Palmer Products and the fixed up down adjusters all to a Givi Screen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Are you running different gearing or tires that affect the speedometer? I ask because the NC has the most accurate speedometers I’ve ever owned.

Are you running different gearing or tires that affect the speedometer? I ask because the NC has the most accurate speedometers I’ve ever owned.
Yes I’ve gone down 1 tooth on the front sprocket to 16. The bike is so much better now but the speedo is out, roughly +5mph at 30-40 and +10mph at 70-80. I know I could just calculate the approximate speed in my head but at my age it’s hard enough just reading the road. That’s why I got a DCT so I don’t have to change gear.

Just like my Goldwing, my '20 NC's speedo is optimistic by about 7%.
For some reason, even though the speedo is configurable between Imperial and SI (metric), all Canadian Honda bikes are optimistic.
I had a speedohealer on my 'Wing, but I can't be bothered this time around.
I use a GPS all the time, or I can mentally subtract 5-7 km/h from the speedo reading on the dash.
Certainly not a deal breaker.

I don’t know where the Speedohealer connects, but a competing product, SpeedoDRD, connects with plug and play connectors at the vehicle speed sensor on top of the transmission, not far from the countershaft sprocket. That sensor is easy to access.

In the USA, my NC speedometer is perhaps the most accurate of any motorcycle I‘ve owned (along with an ‘82 Suzuki). However, past discusions on this forum suggested that the European market NCs, when they first came out, had speedometer errors around 5%. Apparently different models in different markets have different intentionally inaccurate speedometers. Pehaps bigbird, in Canada, has such an intentionally inaccurate speedometer.

Both my Honda Goldwing and Honda CRF250L have SpeedoDRD correctors set to -5.0% in order to obtain an accurate display, but the NC is dead on in stock form.

If it was as easy as deducting 5-7mph like bigbird said it wouldn’t be a problem. But it’s like a maths yes I said maths not math problem as is a moving target depending on the speed.

Just like my Goldwing, my '20 NC's speedo is optimistic by about 7%.
For some reason, even though the speedo is configurable between Imperial and SI (metric), all Canadian Honda bikes are optimistic.
I had a speedohealer on my 'Wing, but I can't be bothered this time around.
I use a GPS all the time, or I can mentally subtract 5-7 km/h from the speedo reading on the dash.
Certainly not a deal breaker.
Exactly!
My brand new 2020 NC says 107 km/h when GPS says 100...

This has been an interesting conversation but, I don’t mean to be awful but nobody has answered my original question does anyone know where to wire it in?
Sorry for any bad vibes.

In some areas, they regulate the accuracy of the speedometer.
In NS CAN where I am, I don't think there are strict tolerance limits. The NS MVA just states the speedometer and odometer must be "working properly."

In the EU for example, there is a law requiring speedometers never show a lower speed, and have maximum "optimism" of +10%+4km/h. (the mathematical notation is 0 ≤ (Vr − Vv) ≤ 0.1 V + 4 where Vv is the vehicle speed and Vr is the speedo reading)
What this means is that if your vehicle is traveling 100km/h, the speedo must read between 100km/h and 114 km/h.
I assume rather than make a variety of systems for each jurisdiction, they just amalgamate the limits of each market they are serving and design a system that operates within all limits.
Ultimately, all speedometers are likely to be at least a little bit optimistic by design.

Not to derail, but how long have you had the 15 tooth front sprocket on it? And it still shifts fine without issue?

Edit: I see you have the 2016 750 instead of the 700 that we had in the U.S. in 2016.....so maybe yours came stock with the 17 tooth (I think that's what came on 750's) as opposed to the 16 tooth the 700's have. Either way, I'm curious as to whether or not running different gearing has affecting the DCT.

Last edited:
Not to derail, but how long have you had the 15 tooth front sprocket on it? And it still shifts fine without issue?

Edit: I see you have the 2016 750 instead of the 700 that we had in the U.S. in 2016.....so maybe yours came stock with the 17 tooth (I think that's what came on 750's) as opposed to the 16 tooth the 700's have. Either way, I'm curious as to whether or not running different gearing has affecting the DCT.
It works great for me I find it far more rideable with no problems with the gear change at all. I find when winding it on for fast overtakes etc it changes down quicker. BTW I now ride in S3.
Been out today to take readings of my Speedo v GPS so I can set up the Speedohealer.
They were gps 50 Speedo 56\ 60 - 68.5\70 - 82. The 68.5 was an educated guess as the speedo was flicking between 68 and 69. I have averaged it all out and done the Healtech calculations with an answer of setting the unit to -13.

Last edited:
Back