• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello All! San Jose new rider.

gaffer49

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! Just discovered this forum recently and am always on it now! Me? Having owned a Vespa 150S for about 4 months, I fell in love with riding 2 wheels - to the point where I never want to drive my car anymore. So I was looking for a more powerful bike for a new rider, but not too overwhelming. Bought a NCX. In fact, the bike had only just arrived at the shop the day before I bought it. I was customer #2 for that bike, but the sales guy said there was lots of interest in this unusual bike. I was intimidated when I first got on. Especially with all those newbie things like speed and acceleration. This wasn't some little Honda Rebel! Took a class in motorcycle safety, spent an absolute fortune in gear, Shoei helmet, leather gloves, Olympia jacket, boots and have been riding it and loving it ever since. Have only 3 months experience riding (any) bike, and I know I have a lot to learn. It's interesting that there are several members who have owned much more powerful, and bigger bikes, and they prefer and enjoy riding the NCX. I have been looking at it as a "entry level" motorbike. Anyway, the only add on I've done has been a Honda made box for the back. This is a very fun, and incredibly functional motorbike for my daily life. With the box in the back, and the storage under the "tank" I can fit a ton of stuff. Now I'm just getting used to riding on freeways, especially in the dark mornings. I have not yet got to the point of "enjoying" riding the freeways. Kind of freaks me out. I know with more experience, and persistence, I will get better. I need to tell myself that I am still new to riding motorcycles. Don't even think that you're ready to mimic those sports bikes that are zooming right past you, weaving in and out of lanes. Anyway, loving the bike so far.

Hi gaffer49 welcome to the forum from the UK. Great to have another convert from the dreaded V**pa (check out my user name) :) Seriously I'm sure that you will soon get the feel of riding a proper bike and will be enjoying all types of roads

Thanks Rocker!! You know, I still have my Vespa and love it! I see my Vespa as the lovable little puppy I just can't part with. But now I need to learn motorcycling and as you know riding a Vespa is NOTHING compared to a motorbike!

Welcome,
Wish I had your weather.
Enjoy the new NC, ride safe in the traffic, I venture down to San Francisco at least once a year to visit family. Last visit we did a bit of driving up north on the coast and over to St Helena, most on back roads, sure wish I had the motorcycle for that.

Art

As a Vespa owner, one thing is for sure. No matter how many mirrors you apply to your scooter, you will NEVER look tough! You will only look like a guy with a Vespa with a forest of mirrors attached.

Back