• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

hello from ol blighty

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya johnakay is here!!:)
one of the members on here will know or remember me from the maximuppets forum(wozza)
started on two motorize wheels in 1968 Lambretta to my current model a Kawasaki er6f.
after lurking on here for over 2 months I decided to join in the banter.
I'm considering in buying a nc or w800. can't decide yet.
as for the NC I'll wait another year till I know for sure that all the teething gremlin's have been sorted.
had a X9 500 scooter and also a Burgman 400 scooter and I quite like the idea of a auto (dct) but I didn't like the other bike mana way over price!
I only found out about the Honda NC700 bike just before I started lurking on here.
anyway I'll leave at that,no doubt I'll have more question's to ask in the coming months. bye for now john

I had a Versys John and now have the NC700X DCT. Versys was good but only beat the NC in one respect and that is punch. On every other parameter I prefer the NC. If you go on the Versys forum there seems to be a helluva lot more teething problems even after 5 years than are showing up with the NC
(I also had a Lambretta in 1967 an LI125 - what a load of crap it was too :)
Mike

thanks Rocker but I'm not at all keen on that Webb sight.I prefer to be able to look at what going on before I join.
like this one.
Hi John I don't know how I did that. I gave you the wrong link my web site is Home - Kawasaki W650 World which is simply a web site and doesn't require you to join anything. It also links to two yahoo groups for the W which are also free

I had a Versys John and now have the NC700X DCT. Versys was good but only beat the NC in one respect and that is punch. On every other parameter I prefer the NC. If you go on the Versys forum there seems to be a helluva lot more teething problems even after 5 years than are showing up with the NC
(I also had a Lambretta in 1967 an LI125 - what a load of crap it was too :)
Mike

I was on that UK forum half the buggers on there are wankers.
I had a versy on loan and I didn't like at all.
at 1st they were keen on me making them a rack etc but when it came to paying.. they wanted them for bugger all etc.
there's a lot more to it than that but I'll leave there.
I sold this for £90 and it still wasn't cheap enough.

DSC01485.jpgDSC01486.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya John welcome to the forum squire.. Hope you're keeping well :). I know I've pestered you about racks before, but if you ever do end up making a rack for the NC like the one you've done for the Versys, I will definitely purchase one from you........

OK so what is your absolute favourite?

My 1983 V45 Interceptor, I pre-ordered it and got one of the first 3000. With some F-1 exhausts, it had an awesome V-4 deep growl and was the coolest thing on the street at the time. I got pulled over twice in L.A. by motor-cops just so they could check out the bike and one let me go with a warning after catching me cold at 110 mph on the 405 freeway, he told me to keep it under 85 mph. I raced it in amateur division road races and placed 2nd and 3rd several times. To top it all off I put over 100,000 miles on the bike before I sold it to a kid (early 20's) for his first "big" motorcycle. It was the blue and white model and now the only colors I ever consider correct on an Interceptor, it was my love at the time, hell I didn't even own a car for the over 5 years I had it, if I couldn't ride the bike there it wasn't worth going. It made repeated trips between the east and west coasts of the U.S. with just soft saddlebags and a tank bag all bungee corded to the passenger part of the seat (one piece saddles, remember them?)vf750f_04.jpg

Last edited:
1st of all thanks for the welcome.

I stopped riding bikes about 1975 and started again in 1986 .
I don't have a particular favourite bike but I do how ever have a hated one.. MZ 300(was a 250 bored out to 300) it was a twat to start up. sold on and the guy who bought it of me took the electronic ignition out and put points back on and it started 1st kick,also a Honda cb350 twin absolutely gutless shyt.
so between 75 to 86 I lost track of what bikes were available in that time.
I only came back into biking by a guy where I used to work offered me a gsx250 after we had a chat of bikes we used to own.
I hadn't a clue what it looked like so he persuaded me to have a look.
as soon as I saw it I bought for £200.
for the 1st year I used it for work and the rest is history.
so if it hasn't been for him I'd probaby be not riding bikes at all as I had no interest till then.
funny how things turn out from a normal conversation.
04.jpg

Last edited:
Re the rack - Yes please... If you make one like you did for the Versus ( with backrest)- I'm in! Why don't you also post on the NC700 UK forum, as I'm sure they'd be one or two interested on there. :)

Last edited:
Hey John You say you build racks for a living,,,well all I can say is your rack looks really good ,,looks better in black and very study,,,have you thought of building crash bars and stuff for the NC? phil

Back