• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello From Pensacola, FL

filterfool

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a new member from Pensacola,FL. I have a 1998 Honda VFR 800 and I am considering replacing it w/ a NC700X, mainly because of the more upright riding position.

I am concerned about the seat height as I am 5' 6'' tall w/ a 30" inseam. Also, I wonder how much I will notice the lower horsepower.

I have read a lot of the reviews and most are very positive about the bike. I would be interested in any feedback for current owners.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a 29-30" inseam and have no trouble with the seat height. But it would be best to find one at a dealer and sit on it to see how it does for you. I can't say anything about the horsepower, since I have nothing to compare to. All I can say is it has enough horsepower for me.

I am a new member from Pensacola,FL. I have a 1998 Honda VFR 800 and I am considering replacing it w/ a NC700X, mainly because of the more upright riding position.

I am concerned about the seat height as I am 5' 6'' tall w/ a 30" inseam. Also, I wonder how the much I will notice the lower horsepower.

I have read a lot of the reviews and most are very positive about the bike. I would be interested in any feedback for current owners.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Shame that you do not get the VFR800X Crossrunner in the US as it is your current bike with an upright riding position. I know I love mine. Having said that I also enjoy my NC700X which certainly has enough power for me 95% of the time

I was tippy-toes on the one in the showroom. I am 5'1". My husband dropped the front 1.5" at the forks and installed Soupy's adjustable links in the rear and adjusted it down 1.5". Now I am flat footed and more confident at stops.

Welcome from Semmes, Al. I have been riding for 43 years and the NCX has plenty of HP for 95% of your riding. Great gas milage. Just add a few accessories.

i'm 5'5", i can't quite flat foot, but i am comfortable with the balls of my feet down. (mostly) just have to watch the road camber when i stop.
though i'm sure once i get some more miles under my seat the suspension will settle down a bit more.
oh, and welcome!

Back