• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi all and a quick question

Coddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I currently ride a Tiger 800 but its getting heavier as I get older and I've dropped/come off it every year I've owned it at least once.

Tell me about the 2021 and newer NC750X DCT model that I'm thinking of swapping over to and its touring abilities.

For example whats its heated grips like, does it have cruise control, will I be frustrated with overtakes compared to
My 94bhp Trumpet?

Half the power at about 54 hp so overtaking requires more care but it will do the ton. Much lower center of gravity so that’s nice. No cruise in USA not sure about other countries. Can’t speak to the heated grips but 64mpg is awesome and the frunk is a game changer. 8000 mile service intervals. Be warned I don’t think it’s a proper adv bike but really a commuter with an adv outfit.

I added aftermarket heated grips to mine. The heated grips from Honda are $$$. Plenty of aftermarket options. No CC in the US but Veridian may be offering an aftermarket CC in the near future. I went from a FJR1300 to the NC750. There was an adjustment period due to the drop in power. After getting a custom seat I am very happy with the NC.

Looking it up, the Tiger 800 actually weighs a few pounds less than the NC 750X and holds approx 1.5 gallons more gas. Like Rabbit said the HP on the NC (58 on the 21s up) is way less than the 800 Triumph, but you get used to the lower hp. The NC is very torquey, so you generally ride the torque and not the HP. Like TNHoosier I traded a 2018 FJR in on my NC 750 and am ok with the drop in HP because of the drop in weight. At 71 the FJR was getting heavy and I dropped it once and broke my arm. Seat height and center of gravity with be lower on the NC which will make slow speed and stops easier.

Like already said, no cruise or heated grips on the NC. I added Oxford heated grips to mine for 1/3 the price of Honda's heated grips and are very pleased with them. The Frunk is a nice feature but it doesn't excite me as much as it does a lot of forum members. It's a place to store stuff similar to a tank bag. The thing I use it most for is a ball cap to cover my balding head when off the bike.

I'm new to the NC750 so some of my opinions might be due to its newness. I've been riding for more years than I care to admit yet not having to shift is transformative. This bike is just plain fun to ride. I had it up to 85 on a short ride home from breakfast and it kept up with and surpassed traffic easily. The suspension is not great and you might feel an upgrade is necessary. This bike was built to a price point - that means that adding all the stuff you like and want is going to cost you $$ and if you do it yourself, might be a pita. I had a ST1300 and later a VStrom. Removing the ST's fairing was straightforward, and I never had any real problems doing so. The VStrom's has little plastic locking tabs that are prone to breaking off. The NC's fairing uses push rivets and screws as well as little bollards and grommets. I think it is midway between the ST and Suzi in removal difficulty.

Accessorizing an NC is not easy. There is precious little room for an aux. fusebox. Yes, you can put it in the bottom of the frunk, but I hesitate to cut into the walls of this luggage area and don't like the idea of the usual accumulation of junk resting on the fusebox and wires. The '21 - '24 bikes are different than the older ones and there might not be the one or two items you want available from aftermarket suppliers. I discovered this morning that Seat Concepts does not make a seat for my '21. Should you go with Honda brand options, you will find that they are very expensive.

I'll admit I sold my ST1300 because it kept getting taller and heavier as I aged. My VStrom seems to have acquired the same bad habit. I bought the NC mostly because of the glowing recommendation of two guys on this (and another) forum. So far, I am not sorry I did (despite Honda's dumb design compromises).

Back