• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda’s 2024 XL750 Transalp is Coming to the U.S.!

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Figures that the day Ducati releases their big-bore 2024 Multistrada V4 S Grand Tour in Episode 2 of their World Première 2024, Honda would also update us on movement in their ADV range.

According to Big Red’s ultra-fresh press release, we have an updated XL750 Transalp for our MY2024 markets! Here’s a look at the 2024 XL750’s tech specs sheet, as well as a few generic white-backed photos for reference:

Click to view slideshow.
Type755cc liquid-cooled 24.5º inline-two-cylinder four-stroke w/ 270º crank
Valve TrainOHC Unicam; 4 valves per cylinder; 35.5mm inlet valves, 29mm exhaust valves
Bore x Stroke87.0mm x 63.5mm
Compression Ratio11.0:1
InductionPGM-FI; 46mm throttle bodies
IgnitionFull transistorized
StarterElectric
TransmissionManual 6 speed
ClutchMultiplate wet
Final Drive16T/45T; chain
SUSPENSION
Front43mm Showa SFF-CATM telescopic inverted fork w/ spring-preload adjustment; 7.9 in. travel
RearPro-Link® system w/ single Showa remote-reservoir shock; 7.5 in. travel
BRAKES
FrontDual 310mm “wave” discs w/ hydraulic two-piston calipers; ABS
RearSingle 256mm “wave” disc w/ hydraulic single-piston caliper; ABS
TIRES
Front150/70R-18
Rear90/90-21
MEASUREMENTS
Rake (Caster Angle)27º
Trail 111mm (4.4 in.)
Length91.2 in.
Width33.1 in.
Height57.2 in.
Seat Height33.7 in.
Ground Clearance 8.3 in.
Wheelbase61.5 in.
Fuel Capacity4.5 gal.
Curb Weight*459 lbs.
OTHER
ColorMatte Black Metallic

For 2024, Honda’s ADV dual-sport flagship carries ~211mm of ground clearance, as well as a 33.7” seat height (a .4-inch lower seat is also available from the brand, if you’re looking for something even lower than that). The Japanese motorcycle marque has also added accessibility in the form of a rear carrier (as standard) and a USB socket under the seat.

Honda's 2024 XLTransalp. Media provided by Honda.

Honda’s 2024 XLTransalp. Media provided by Honda.

Power is driven via a 755cc, V-Twin heart capable of 83hp @ 8,500rpm – a bit of a step down from the 90.5hp available in Europe, but still enough punch to guarantee “a hard hit of top-end power… accompanied by mountains of torque in the low to mid-rpm range” (via Motorcycle.com).

Naturally, Honda America’s Racing & Experimental Manager, Brandon Wilson, is jazzed to see this bike on Western shores:

The all-new, midsize XL750 Transalp joins Honda’s iconic Africa Twin and pocket-adventurer CB500X to complete our popular True Adventure lineup, ready to deliver unforgettable outdoor experiences to U.S. ADV enthusiasts from coast to coast.”

– Brandon Wilson, American Honda Manager of Racing & Experiential Marketing (HONDA)

Expect the 2024 Honda XL750 Transalp to be available at an MSRP of $9,999 USD with availability slotted for October, in just a few short weeks (that’ll be for the Matte Black Metallic color scheme, by the way).

What do you think of Honda’s 2024 XL750 Transalp?

*Media provided by Honda*​

The post Honda’s 2024 XL750 Transalp is Coming to the U.S.! appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Oh great. I will have to keep in mind all the reasons I have sold my NC and then bought another NC after missing the positive attributes of the platform.

Last edited:
Overall, the specs look very nice. The only thing I question is the short stroke. My CRF250L is short stroke and while the chassis and ergos are great, it’s really a bad engine for off road use - no bottom end. Here on the 750 we apparently have a chassis built for rough duty, but I’m not sure it has the right engine. We’ll see.

The photo shows two bikes on a nice, paved road, but I have an NC that works well for that.

Last edited:
If this thing has tube tires, I’ll lose a little interest in it. BTW the specs posted have the front and rear tire sizes reversed. It was also wrong on Honda’s page https://hondanews.com/en-US/powersp...a917-2024-honda-xl750-transalp-specifications. When Honda is sloppy like this, I then question what other specs might be inaccurate. (One time Honda erred and posted that the new NC model had twin front disks. That got everyone in a tizzy).

I gotta say though, that the Transalp looks much more practical than the Africa Twin. It seems to be the midsize many were asking for.

Figures that the day Ducati releases their big-bore 2024 Multistrada V4 S Grand Tour in Episode 2 of their World Première 2024, Honda would also update us on movement in their ADV range.

According to Big Red’s ultra-fresh press release, we have an updated XL750 Transalp for our MY2024 markets! Here’s a look at the 2024 XL750’s tech specs sheet, as well as a few generic white-backed photos for reference:

Click to view slideshow.
Type755cc liquid-cooled 24.5º inline-two-cylinder four-stroke w/ 270º crank
Valve TrainOHC Unicam; 4 valves per cylinder; 35.5mm inlet valves, 29mm exhaust valves
Bore x Stroke87.0mm x 63.5mm
Compression Ratio11.0:1
InductionPGM-FI; 46mm throttle bodies
IgnitionFull transistorized
StarterElectric
TransmissionManual 6 speed
ClutchMultiplate wet
Final Drive16T/45T; chain
SUSPENSION
Front43mm Showa SFF-CATM telescopic inverted fork w/ spring-preload adjustment; 7.9 in. travel
RearPro-Link® system w/ single Showa remote-reservoir shock; 7.5 in. travel
BRAKES
FrontDual 310mm “wave” discs w/ hydraulic two-piston calipers; ABS
RearSingle 256mm “wave” disc w/ hydraulic single-piston caliper; ABS
TIRES
Front150/70R-18
Rear90/90-21
MEASUREMENTS
Rake (Caster Angle)27º
Trail 111mm (4.4 in.)
Length91.2 in.
Width33.1 in.
Height57.2 in.
Seat Height33.7 in.
Ground Clearance 8.3 in.
Wheelbase61.5 in.
Fuel Capacity4.5 gal.
Curb Weight*459 lbs.
OTHER
ColorMatte Black Metallic

For 2024, Honda’s ADV dual-sport flagship carries ~211mm of ground clearance, as well as a 33.7” seat height (a .4-inch lower seat is also available from the brand, if you’re looking for something even lower than that). The Japanese motorcycle marque has also added accessibility in the form of a rear carrier (as standard) and a USB socket under the seat.

Honda's 2024 XLTransalp. Media provided by Honda.'s 2024 XLTransalp. Media provided by Honda.
Honda's 2024 XLTransalp. Media provided by Honda.'s 2024 XLTransalp. Media provided by Honda.

Power is driven via a 755cc, V-Twin heart capable of 83hp @ 8,500rpm – a bit of a step down from the 90.5hp available in Europe, but still enough punch to guarantee “a hard hit of top-end power… accompanied by mountains of torque in the low to mid-rpm range” (via Motorcycle.com).

Naturally, Honda America’s Racing & Experimental Manager, Brandon Wilson, is jazzed to see this bike on Western shores:

Expect the 2024 Honda XL750 Transalp to be available at an MSRP of $9,999 USD with availability slotted for October, in just a few short weeks (that’ll be for the Matte Black Metallic color scheme, by the way).

What do you think of Honda’s 2024 XL750 Transalp?

*Media provided by Honda*​

The post Honda’s 2024 XL750 Transalp is Coming to the U.S.! appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...
Im not impressed.

The stock seat probably sucks because it's a stock seat so an aftermarket seat probably raises the seat height from 33.7" to 35". This would be the 3rd bike in a row I would need to lower. Done with doing that. It sucks being only 6'1".

They used the 750 Hornet Unicam engine, re-tuned and with various ride modes, like the spoked wheels even though they are tube type, easier tires changes and probably won't leak air if the rim is damaged. Supposed to sell for under $10,000 ($9,999 US.) Quite a few Mfr's/models in this segment. I think the NC750 has about the same price but the Transalp will probably have a lot more aftermarket accessoriss especially for luggage. I might consider the Transalp for my next bike, or some of the other smaller single cylinder Mfr models, I like having a lighter bike especially if used for any off road. For now my NC and is adequite for my current usage.

Last edited:
Back