• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Just announced their 2013 lineup

So I went by my dealer yesterday and was talking to the sales manager, just a general B.S. session, when I told him that I thought I had saw the F6B in red and silver going down the road and how on the forum there a member who put up a shot of the 2012 in the right color but that it had to be one hell of a modded out Wing, he said "Well You da...." he stopped in mid sentence, chuckled a strained little laugh and walked away from me with out another word. Later I couldn't get him to revisit the subject at all....So now whats up?

LOL, you already know too much.

What I was really referring to was the fact that I traded in a 110hp bike for the NC700X. So for me to drop that much power had to have something that made it worth it. That happens to be the lower tank, forward storage and low cg engine layout. I agree, also, that for me the NC power is adequate. However, there are times when that extra power of the others listed above is a plus. Passing cars when you see oncoming up ahead is one of them.

These are my thoughts, almost exactly. I sold a CBR600F4, which is a 110hp, ~400lbs (wet) bike. The sub-50hp NC is certainly not fast in comparison. It is so extraordinarily different in absolutely every way (excepting for still having 2 wheels), though, that I don't think it will be an issue for me at hardly any time. I will admit to not passing a semi this afternoon on a 2-lane road under a circumstance where I'd have passed at least 1, and maybe even gone for 2 in a row, on the CBR. ;-) Once I got on the NC a little, and let it rev a little more, I realized that I likely could have passed the semi, but until I get more comfortable with it, I'm glad I didn't try it. :)

Cycleworld Honda NC700X Road Test Review- Specifications- Photos
list the NC700x as 0-60 4.9sec and 1/4 mile 13.86sec @94.23mph. A little slower than the Aprilia. Considering I'm not racing and that is in the range of a Camaro SS (0-60 4.8sec 1/4 13.1sec), I'm pretty happy with the performance.

Ouch! That's even slower than the Mana. Of course that motorcycle is up almost 170cc and 30 hp over the NC. but with automatic trans only. Anybody know what the NC DCT does in a quarter mile?

My GSX-R750 had almost 100 hp more than the NC and would do 0 to 100 in about 4 sec. It would power wheelie at 60 mph and was sweet on the track. But it was an absolute beast to try and ride on the street. In city traffic it was a full time job to ride and the ergonomics would bend anyone over 5'7" into a pretzel. I loved the rush of speed and the fact that even in the condition I'm in now I could still get a knee down on occasion. but unless you had "perfect" twisty roads (not in FL.) or a track to hit every weekend (and the money for slicks) it was all a waste. Now I have a ride that may not burn up everything on the road, but I also have a bike that an eighty mile run is nothing and when I get there I can still walk. I have space to store the backpack that I used to have to wear, and still have space to pick something up. The NC is just a fun ride and way less work and far more enjoyment than the Gixxer ever was. I'm back home with Honda and the U.J.M. and am thrilled that the 1100 is here, will it end up parked in the garage next to the NC? My magic 8 ball says.....shake, shake...."Outlook is good"

As "they" say, It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to try to ride a fast bike slow.

Greg

Back