• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Luggage "One Key" system

Just change out the ignition switch on your bike with a Givi tumbler and use your luggage key to start your bike.

It could probably be done, but it might take a little trial and error along with some tech support from Givi. When I got my side cases I decided I wanted to match them and the top case I already had to the same key. It turns out that Givi uses two different length lock cylinders on their luggage. The cases that have a square shaped key with a black head (i think Givi calls it their security lock) use longer tumblers than those that use they regular shaped key with the red colored head. At any rate my top case used the black key and the side cases came with the red keys. Luckily I told the Givi representative at BikeWeek what I wanted to do and he helped me out. What it took was a three lock keyed alike set of cylinders and keys with the red heads and short cylinders along with a different tab that goes on the end of the lock cylinder and allows it to perform on the case that originally used the security key. Moral of the story is that Givi had parts to convert from the long cylinder to short cylinder locks, but I don't know if they make parts to go from short to long, and I don't know which cylinders they use in the Honda luggage.
I would suggest you call Givi tech support and see what they have to say about it.

Bob

Good to know, Bob. Thanks :thumbup:

I have a Givi topcase (E460) with the shorter red key. I wonder if the Honda tumbler is closer in length to the long or short Givi. I just get tired of having so many keys!

Back