• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'll be darned

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
This afternoon I got stuck in traffic behind a brand new 2021? cherry red Corvette convertible. Absolutely stunning car. Funny thing is as lights would change and we'd take off, his Corvette sounded just like my Honda shifting up. Uhh shift, uhh shift, uhh shift. It shifted very quickly, and sounded just like my bike downshifting too. So I googled it and the new C8 Corvettes have a DCT trans. I thought that was pretty cool that a 500 HP, $70,000 car has a trans just like my 58 hp, $9000 motorcycle lol.

Most automatic gearboxes/transmissions are now electronic and also have paddles to shift the gears. I have a 2016 Mercedes with 7 electronic DCT gears and the latest ones have 9.

I've never driven a paddle shift or DCT car. All of my cars/trucks have always had conventional transmissions (except for my 420 Rancher quad I plow snow with I believe has a DCT but didn't realize it until I got the NC lol))

Many high performance cars utilize dual clutch transmissions. Porsche, Audi, BMW, Maserati, Chevy Corvette & Ford Mustang and others. And yes, I think the first Honda DCTs sold was in ATVs.

Back