• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is anyone following the NT1100?

I first had cruise control on a Yamaha Super Tenere and now have an aftermarket model installed on my 2018 Africa Twin. Like you, I never thought I would find it useful, but on some of the mind numbing stretches here in the western US it is very helpful, if only to keep the speeding tickets away. The thing is, an aftermarket addition is pretty expensive and requires a lot of management to put on, but one that comes from the factory is a whole lot less trouble to get. Packages are always going to be problematic, whether in a car or on a motorcycle. After all, who needs a moonroof, but you have to have it to get the turbo charged combustulator that your heart desires.
I have owned a Honda GL1800 since 2004 that has factory standard cruise control. I have put 72,000 miles on the machine, with some mileage being on open roads and rural interstate highways. I found it easy to maintain my speed via the sound and feel of the engine. I never have throttle wrist problems. I very rarely use the ‘Wing’s cruise control as it just doesn’t seem to serve much purpose. As a result, cruise control is not on my list of desired attributes for a motorcycle. I don’t even want or have a throttle lock on any of my motorcycles.

I use my NC primarily for rural highways and backroads, or twisty mountain roads, where cruise control would be even less useful than on roads ridden with the ‘Wing.

Cruise control can be nice, yes, but to each their own.

Price tag at around $18k US puts it too near the Goldwing for me. I'd just get the 'wing.
Just made a simple exercise with prices found on the Honda french site (honda.fr) to figure out the rough price we could anticipate if ever the NT1100 comes to Canada and USA

Honda.fr Goldwing DCT (benchmark): 27,899€
Honda.fr NT1100 MT: 13,999€ - 50.2% of benchmark
Honda.fr NT1100 DCT: 14,999€ - 53.8% of benchmark

Honda.ca Goldwing DCT (benchmark): 30,259$ CDN
Honda.ca NT1100 MT: 50.2% of benchmark = 15,190$ CDN
Honda.ca NT1100 DCT: 53.8% of benchmark = 16,279$ CDN

Honda.com Goldwing DCT (benchmark): 25,100$ USD
Honda.com NT1100 MT: 50.2% of benchmark = 12,600$ USD
Honda.com NT1100 DCT: 53.8% of benchmark = 13,503$ USD

Let’s see what will happen

On paper there is one thing that the NT1100 offers me; versatility wrapped up in an acceptable package. It seems to check nearly all of the boxes. Though, the Tiger 850 and 900 do too (have not been able to ride it...one thing after another). My stable would look very similar to 670CC's if I had the space, but I don't. So versatility that suits me is what I am looking for in my next bike. Not too much, not too little. NT looks pretty good from where I sit.

Back