• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kisan signal minder success!

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I emailed Kisan figgering they must now have a flasher for the NC, I got a return email saying the SM-3 is the right fit..NOT..I didn't find this out till my fleebay order came in mail, fortunately I found an SM-3 for $59 buy it now so it was almost 1/2 price. After removing all the panels to get to the flasher and discovering the SM-3 will not plug in I was determined to make it work anyway. The SM-3 has an inline 3 wire plug, I removed the pins from the plastic shroud on the SM-3, removed the Honda flasher and inserted the bare pins into the female plug on the bike but first used heat shrink on the exposed metal of the 3 pins. There are 4 wires in the oem plug, I did not use the constant hot wire, someone said that wire made the 4 way flashers work with key off but my flashers didnot do that, also I am not concerned about the 4 way flasher as in 40 yrs I've never found a use for them on my bike anyway. I always thought if you used them with the bike not running they would just run the battery down. The wire next to it is switched power to the Kisan, the green is ground and the other wire is to the signal switch. The corresponding wires in the Kisan are shown in the Kisan manual. The 4 ways will work but only for the 10, 20, or 40 flashes you program for use.

This is accomplished without hacking the oem wire harness, you can pull out the spades to remove the kisan and just plug in the oem flasher, you can also reinsert the spades into the Kisan plug and return it to stock. The pins on the kisan are not a perfect match to the oem plug, they fit very snug so I'm not too concerned that they will fall out.

I know that some will say just train youself to turn them off but I find there are times I have a brain fart and forget, I believe this is one of the worst safety hasards you can bring upon yourself while riding. With all the stupid rules the government can come up with I really wish they would address this one issue and require all bikes to have auto shut off to the signals.

This mod is not for the unskilled, try it at you own risk if you find it to be of some benefit to you. Maybe one of you can find the right plug to use on the Kisan, I had no luck.

someone said that wire made the 4 way flashers work with key off but my flashers didnot do that, also I am not concerned about the 4 way flasher as in 40 yrs I've never found a use for them on my bike anyway. I always thought if you used them with the bike not running they would just run the battery down.

For the flashers to work with the key off, you have to turn them on BEFORE you turn the key off. This keeps someone from walking up and turning the flashers on when the bike is parked. They would eventually run the battery down. I would not leave them on and start hitchhiking back to town, but I have used them (on another bike) when I came upon an accident scene and no-one else was there yet. I haven't confirmed it yet, but if retaining this feature was important, you could probably make an adapter harness for the 9-pin SM-3R that would retain the flasher functionality. I figured I would just wait for Kisan to introduce the 4-wire product.

Here is the latest response I got from Kisan on this subject...

Kisan said:
The 4-pin connector for the NC700x has been very difficult to get. We got samples a while back but the production quantity is not available.

Anyway, we have been supplying the SM-3SV signalMinder in the meantime, It is not a plug-in product but works just fine when spliced-in to the flasher output. The Blue/Blk wire needs to be cut and the output of the signalMinder is connected.

Attached pictures show the plug and stock relay.

Andy
[email protected]

SM-3N-4-pin-plug.jpg

SM-3N-4-pin-relay-1.jpg

It took them less than 24 hours to respond to my inquiry just about 10 days ago, they simply said "SM-3 is the correct signal minder for your NC700" I had no reason to save the email. Anyway, my method worked better than theirs, I hate hacking into wire harnesses. I made an attempt a few months ago with an SM-1 I had in stock, at that time I didn't think of making 3 pigtails using small spade connectors like are already attached to the SM-3.

Back