• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking For Temporary Solution to Tall Windshield Problem - Nut Plate

Bubba1

Reaction score
Visit site
Heading out on a long ride this wknd after Sunday realizing at 65 mph that my tall C--B----y windshield needs the aftermarket nut plate. Luckily I noticed a wobbly in the shield and the stock rubber well nuts coming loose and was able to pull over. I'm crossing my fingers I can get it ordered from HONDABIKEPRO on this forum, shipped and delivered in 2 days, but if not does anyone have any ideas for workarounds that would get me through the wknd with the tall windshield? Thanks!

Heading out on a long ride this wknd after Sunday realizing at 65 mph that my tall C--B----y windshield needs the aftermarket nut plate. Luckily I noticed a wobbly in the shield and the stock rubber well nuts coming loose and was able to pull over. I'm crossing my fingers I can get it ordered from HONDABIKEPRO on this forum, shipped and delivered in 2 days, but if not does anyone have any ideas for workarounds that would get me through the wknd with the tall windshield? Thanks!

Why are several people doing a bizarre edited version of the name "Cee Bailey"? :confused:

For the life of me I can't figure this one out, lol. Just the past couple of days I've seen at least two or three posts with C--B----y

I confess, I am totally lost :eek:

As far as a possible temp solution, what I would maybe try to do, is use the well nuts, (or similar as found in Home Depot, etc.) but simply put in a longer bolt, and use a larger diameter washer at the back, with a nut. It may not stop wobbling, but will positively capture it and prevent a "pop out", if nothing else.

From left to right:

Purple= shoulder bolt (or normal bolt with small metal washer) and nut on end
Blue = rubber washer
Red= windscreen
Black= well nut
Green= bike's fairing wind screen bracket
Blue= larger metal washer

well nut.jpg

Agree on the editing of brand names. I just joined the forum over the weekend but saw so much of it I assumed using brand names was taboo.
Thanks for the diagram and idea, I was thinking something like this might work and it's now been crystallized for me.

Agree on the editing of brand names. I just joined the forum over the weekend but saw so much of it I assumed using brand names was taboo.
Thanks for the diagram and idea, I was thinking something like this might work and it's now been crystallized for me.

Welcome to the gang, btw, mate :D

Back