• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowered NC750XD 2020

Vulcan24v

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I know that it's been discussed before but I couldn't find a definitive answer to my actual question.

First I have had my NC750XD lowered by the shop using the Lust racing dogbones, it's perfect for me now but the bike is impossible to get on the centre stand. I need to put it on the stand as I drive into my shed forwards and use a rotating plate to bring the bike back around to face outwards.
I am using some flat wood planks to raise the back wheel an inch or so....

Anyway I have seen it mentioned that the NC750S has a shorter stand, now before I commit actual spending cash to buying one can anyone corroborate that this is the case?
Maybe point me at some diagrams with dimensions?

Or... has anyone done this with any success? (or do I have to develop a right thigh like popeye :D)

More knowledgeable folks will come along shortly, but from 21 on, Honda lowered the chassis. You might be right about the alternative stand. Have you done a search for 'centerstand' in the search box atop this page? I know I've read about shorter stands. For the record, when I lowered my VStrom, I had the same problem...with both side and center stands. I cut out a piece of the side stand, welded it back together, and put it back on the bike. Still too tall. Did it again. Now its fine. With that experience, I shortened the center stand and it works fine.

If you have access to a circular saw, set it to 45º and cut across a short piece of 2x6 or 2x8. This will make rolling the bike onto the wood easier. Roll the rear tire onto that and try the center stand.

Back