• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Maintaining your NC700x — Cleaners/Toolkit

Philipp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I'm new to motorcycles and just got my NC700X. Would love to pick your brains on the necessities I should purchase to keep my bike clean and running. I'm specifically looking for:

Cleaners: Keep wheels and body fresh and clean. What products are you using?

Maintenance: Oils, grease, and anything needed to keep maintaining your bike in your own garage. The basics.

Tools: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the US model comes with a toolkit. Does anyone have a list of the most basic tools needed for the NC700X?

Basically, I'd like to put together a shopping list of items every NC700X owner should have in their garage to maintain their motorcycle on a regular basis. Nothing too fancy. Just the basics to keep everything up and running. Would be great for a newbie such as myself to have. :)

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Its never ending, once you start you cannot stop.
Cleaners I use a mixture, but mostly Auto Glym
Maintenence Start with WD 40, Castrol LM grease and the correct grade of engine oil.
Tools, well the best tools are made in America ( And I am European), I think (Snap On), but get a metric Craftsmen set

I know that most have a relatively low opinion of them, but I had my dealer order me all the tools that we in America don't otherwise get in the 'tool kit.' All the stuff in the European and Canadian kits are available in the USA, but American Honda doesn't include them for some reason. Basically, it's 8, 10, 12, & 14mm combination open-end wrenches, 22 & 27mm box-end wrenches (they call them ring wrenches at the dealer), a handle extension, and a couple other things I don't recall right now. This is in addition to the screwdriver, helmet lock cable, and fuse puller we get here in the USA.

I have a can of Honda Spray Polish for either some polishing after a wash, or even for cleaning of light rub marks. I wouldn't try to clean dirt off with it, though. Use soap and water for that.

A craftsman metric socket set and a decent toque wrench is a good place to start. If your getting into it a set JIS screwdrivers is a good thing (they look like Phillips but are made for JIS screws). Center stand is a big plus for chain maint as well as tire changes

Back