• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MCN Review of the NC700X and NC700XD

This was just an info, not the absolute truth. I like to quote my source, matter of habit

Another info, Here in Europa, you can choose between ethanol/petrol mixture (maximum 10% ethanol content) and "pure" petrol. The petrol pumps are individually labelled

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint and info, sdouble. A healthy debate on anything motorbike always helps pass the time away during a dull workday, anyway! It's all good in my eyes. :D

My non-technical experience has been:

1. Gas goes in
2. Exhaust comes out
3. Miles and smiles keep increasing

I can easily prove 1 through 3, but I don't think I have to. :)

WGW

Full test of NC700X is in December 2012 issue of MCN.

They praised the bike. Late in the article, after describing the bike in detail, they state "By now, you must have no doubt that we are big fans of the NC700X." The concluding paragraph: "Skeptics that we are, as we put the NC700X through our testing protocol we expected to discover some weakness to report, but instead we were constantly impressed. Big Red has a winner!"

Their Picks:
Extraordinary gas mileage
Brilliant balance and handling
Clever mid-bike storage compartment

Their Pans:
No color options are offered
Stock windshield is a bit short for freeway work
The rear rack is an option, not standard

Overall rating was five out of five "red circles".

Greg

Good stuff johnakay, but I should have been more clear about the article/publication I was referring to. In the US, we have Motorcycle Consumer News, a unbiased monthly publication supported by subscribers (no advertising). It unfortunately also goes by the initials MCN. They post very few articles on-line; you have to subscribe. Motorcycle Consumer News - MCNews.com - The most complete, most detailed and most accurate information about every aspect of motorcycling.

I have been pleasantly suprised by all to good reviews, but then again I find myself explaining to people that it is really not like any other bike I have ever ridden. Once I fine tune it to my size and needs, she is a keeper.

Why add ethanol if it hurts fuel consumption? Don't give me the green argument either. If the Government really cared about the environment, they would not have waited 9 months to tackle a disease that is now going to wipe out 98% of all Ash trees in the country!!! :mad:

Best regards,
BikerDude.

Last edited:
Why add ethanol if it hurts fuel consumption? Don't give me the green argument either. If the Government really cared about the environment, they would not have waited 9 months to tackle a disease that is now going to wipe out 98% of all Ash trees in the country!!! :mad:

Best regards,
BikerDude.

Lobbyists, but particularly those acting on behalf of the massive corporate farms that are paid subsidies to grow corn. And, no one in their right mind would give you the green argument; ethanol takes more energy to produce and is actually far less green. I'm about as liberal as they come, and I think ethanol is a sad example of the influence of money in our legislative system.

Lobbyists, but particularly those acting on behalf of the massive corporate farms that are paid subsidies to grow corn.

I agree, but need to clarify that it's ADM and other similar companies that derive nearly all the benefit.

Back