• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle tire balancer and sealant - Ride On

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
1.jpgI have used Ride On motorcycle tire balancer and sealant for a couple of years now. It keeps my tires balanced no matter how much rubber I wear off the tire. Also, Ride On seals most flats before they happen. I safely got 12,000 miles on the stock Bridgestone 023 tires. For the NC700X use one 8 ounce bottle in the front tire, and two 8 ounce bottles in the rear tire. To see the Ride On video on YouTube go to: Ride-On Motorcycle Puncture Demonstration - YouTube

On my second set of Bridgestone 023 tires, and I am more than pleased with these tires. Most of my riding is on paved rode, some dirt roads, but very little sand.

SmileyOh.jpg

Last edited:
I read stories about the "ride-on" drying up on inside of the rims and making a huge mess, besides becoming useless. That also makes the tire change more involved because of the need to clean it up.

I was not following this product and have no idea at this point, just doiing my research now...

What did your inside of the rim look like when you changed tires? Any special procedure needed to remove the old sealant?

I read stories about the "ride-on" drying up on inside of the rims and making a huge mess, besides becoming useless. That also makes the tire change more involved because of the need to clean it up.

I was not following this product and have no idea at this point, just doiing my research now...

What did your inside of the rim look like when you changed tires? Any special procedure needed to remove the old sealant?

I haven't gotten to that point yet on any set of tires to know. My V-Rod was totalled before needing a new set of tires, and I haven't changed them out yet on my NC or my car. Supposedly the sealant is water soluble, so assuming it hasn't dried up you should be able to just wash it off if it has made a mess. Time will tell, I've still got several thousand miles to go before needing a tire change on either vehicle. Will happen sooner for the NC though as I ride that MUCH more during the warmer/dry seasons. Getting very close to needing my 8k mile service. One more solid week of commuting and I'll be there, so I'll probably need new tires by July or August.

i have to work on tires that have sealants in them all the time,, they all make a mess, of the tire machine, most do corrode the inside of the rim. i will charge you more to install a tire with sealant in it to clean everything up.
at no time in a tire do i want a hole that i do not know is there, what ever went threw my tire has damaged the cords, it has cut them and the tire is not safe to ride. i have seen tires come apart with cord separation . mc tubeless tires should only be plugged, to get off the highway, and then be loaded up in a truck, and the tire replaced. mc tires are under allot more strain then care tires, and flex the cords in a different way. when i pass a car at 85 mph i want to know that there is not holes in my tire that some sealant is trying to seal. i always run tire psi monitors on my bikes, i can see any drop or rise in psi at any speed, and they have high and low and temp setting that can be set to warn me. i no allot of people run sealants, but in my opinion you are better to know whats going on with your tires. i check my tires every day for cuts, or anything in them, and i look at them at every fuel stop, it only takes a few seconds, better to find that nail then, and not be stuck somewhere. dale

To: HondaBikePro

The way you fell, is how I use to feel a few years ago before using Ride On. I owned the Honda dealership for 17 years and I hated Slime and the Honda sealant. Then I used Ride On. The Tucker Rocky rep worked trying to get me to use Ride On for about 6 months. Being Danny has been is the bike business for 25 years, I finally gave in and tried it
Look at the videos. No mess changing the tires on the tire machine or by hand. I've changed tires both ways with Ride On in the tire. Not at all a mess like the other stuff. Ride On keeps your tires balanced. This stuff really works.

i have to work on tires that have sealants in them all the time,, they all make a mess, of the tire machine, most do corrode the inside of the rim. i will charge you more to install a tire with sealant in it to clean everything up.
at no time in a tire do i want a hole that i do not know is there, what ever went threw my tire has damaged the cords, it has cut them and the tire is not safe to ride. i have seen tires come apart with cord separation . mc tubeless tires should only be plugged, to get off the highway, and then be loaded up in a truck, and the tire replaced. mc tires are under allot more strain then care tires, and flex the cords in a different way. when i pass a car at 85 mph i want to know that there is not holes in my tire that some sealant is trying to seal. i always run tire psi monitors on my bikes, i can see any drop or rise in psi at any speed, and they have high and low and temp setting that can be set to warn me. i no allot of people run sealants, but in my opinion you are better to know whats going on with your tires. i check my tires every day for cuts, or anything in them, and i look at them at every fuel stop, it only takes a few seconds, better to find that nail then, and not be stuck somewhere. dale

Hey Dale. Which tire pressure monitor system do you use? I've been wanting to get one, I'm just not sure which one's are tried and true. Lots of people just advise against them.

OCR, with a single (~8oz) bottle in the stock-size front tire, were/are you able to remove the wheel weight?
Their dosage chart suggests 9oz for our rear tire, but what the bottle itself says is to use an extra 25% if you want it to act as a balancing agent. Have you found this extra 25% to be necessary for that?
Thanks.

Thanks, OCR. I put a bottle in the front tire this evening. Tossed the wheel weight, and there wasn't the slightest vibe even 1/4 mile down the road from the house. Perhaps the fact that it was ~105 was a factor in how quickly it served to spread out and balance. :)

I was going to put it in the rear, too, but the recent thread on the sudden-ness and warning-free nature of the stock Metzeler tire's wearing out is such that I may save it until I replace the tire.

Ask beemerphile, he just took a long trip with Ride On in his tires. He has also changed tires with Ride On in the tire. This product has been more than tested the last 5 years!

ride on works well and cleans right out of the tire with water. I have used it mostly on four wheeler tires and on a few motorcycles. no I don't use it myself. works though.

Back