• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC700XD

NCJim

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a new N700XD today. I chose the race red.

I really like the DCT. You can easily either use manual shift or use the override to make timely downshift for corners. The manual shift works just fine in the bumps and gravel. I m not saying this bike is anywhere near a full blown dual sport. But it does offer me the versatility I am looking for.

One question. I am trying to find where under the seat the hook is for the helmet holder.

Now the farkling can start. I already have a Motech rear rack ordered. One highway ride and I can see a better windshield will be needed soon.

I just picked up a new N700XD today. I chose the race red.

One question. I am trying to find where under the seat the hook is for the helmet holder.

Page 47 in the owner's manual shows the hook but the picture has poor detail. It's under the passenger seat, left side and almost to the rear of the opening. It's under the screw securing the rear cowl.

Welcome to the forum!

I found it easier to to put the cable through the helmet D-ring, then slide the two end loops up and around the bracket on that side that locks the seat down.

If all of the cables from Honda are the same size it's an easy fit, and I've had no trouble unlocking the seat to release the cable.

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your new NC. Just curious, is your helmet too large to fit in the Frunk?

Welcome NCJim (wonder what the NC stands for -lol). Down here in the south where I live, I have never used the lock. So far, so good.
If I were to go downtown at night, I would take my helmet with.

Welcome to the forum. I know this isn't what you asked but I finally got tired of trying to goose that little cable around the hook every time. i also wanted a smidge more security than the cloth neck strap offers so I made this. Cost about a buck. The orange tape is just to prevent scratching. I keep it in the frunk and use it by looping it around the hand hold.

P1040246sm.jpg

If I ever get my rear rack & Givi box installed I hope to use the frunk for helmet storage.

The cable is a good idea, but it looks like yellow instead of orange, maybe I'm getting color blind.

I use one of these gun locks,put the cable that came with bike in the hook under the seat then put this through other end.fits through helmet so the strap on helmet can't be cut off.
ne8ygy7u.jpg

Back