• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Winter Glove

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My current Winter glove is showing signs of wear. AS Apex Drystar Gloves I have a multi layered jacket system. Wanting a gauntlet glove that goes around this thick cuff is difficult and a limiting factor on finding Winter gloves. I also wanted as much hard protection as I could find in a local shop. I don't enjoy buying gear online. It has lead me to issues with fit and quality that cause me more irritation than I wish to tolerate.

I have gotten a decent amount of wear out of the gloves at 5 years. There is some pilling of the textile areas. The glove were never as waterproof as I would have liked. The Drystar membrane has performed below my expectations for longevity and I wouldn't purchase it in the future due to its short lifespan on multiple products. To combat this I used a combination of Winter handguards and Nikwax Glove Proof. I have a 30 minute commute and felt comfortable with these as low as 40f. Lower than that I would use an additional liner. The cold doesn't bother me as much as others so YMMV. I would give these gloves an average rating.

A star knuckle.jpgA star palm.jpg

The new glove is a bit of a mystery. Scott Winter DP Gloves. I couldn't find any online reviews to reinforce my interest with that of other users experience. I liked the hard knuckle. The reflective strip was an added small bonus. There seems to be more leather on the gloves and the liner seems to be a touch thicker. The fit seems good. The gauntlet seems to be the tiniest bit thicker with a little bit of a liner. This adds a little bit more rigidity which helps pull the gauntlet over the cuff. Time will tell on the waterproofing, warmth and longevity.

Scott knuckle.jpgScott palm.jpg

These are my winter riding gloves, Rev'it Fusion 2 GTX.
When I say winter, I really mean late fall early spring riding, with temps right around the freezing point.I'm very satisfied with them.

FGW089_Gloves_Fusion_2_GTX_Black_front_2.jpg

My winter gloves are the Firstgear outrider gloves. Now on close out unfortunately but very nice at only 80$ with Knox brand palm sliders.

I am to gloves what women are with shoes. When I buy gloves I buy the largest size offered. Tight equals cold, loose are warm and comfortable.
I bought a pair of Iditorad mittons in XXXL from Cabalas years ago. I have a Honda accessory heated grips I was switching to another NC but don't need it with these mitts.

I picked up a pair of Cortech Men's Scarab 2.0 this past winter, and love them. I found the summer Cortech gloves ran small (i.e. tight, which in some ways is what you want, but I had to order a size up), but these were true to size. Even after exchanging for a size down, they feel slightly "roomy". They feel very solid and are very warm. The goatskin leather on the palms is think and looks very protective, and the protection on the knuckles is excellent. The trade off is less flexibility, even when broken in. For downsides: some people may dislike the number of stitches on the palms of the glove (that could potentially rip apart in a crash)... and a lack of slider on the palm. I'm however very happy w/ them. They are too warm for any temps above ~50-55°F I'd say.

Back