• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picked up this oddball

None

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up this oddball last week,
2018 Honda NM4, 3.5k mi. on odometer, original owner.
I haven't put much saddle time on it, not sure if I will keep it or turn it for a profit.
Does the NC700 center stand fit onto this machine?
dCgiy5z.jpg

fXxVa1K.jpg

Garage is getting full, many other bikes to ride.
rBERE5X.jpg

“NC700” comes in X and S variants which are different stand heights. The S height is more likely to fit the NM4, but the first question is whether the NM4 even has tabs to mount a center stand.

Check Honda accessory listings to find the correct stand part number.

Sell it? Good luck-is Batman looking for a new bike? Competing with the Victory Vision for worst looking bike available the last few years. Makes the Pacific Coast look great!

This is what I've seen on the interwebs, does the center stand look like NC700??

w1tzHTR.jpg

MfjaHD7.jpg

8JOjFrS.jpg

Sell it? Good luck-is Batman looking for a new bike? Competing with the Victory Vision for worst looking bike available the last few years. Makes the Pacific Coast look great!

Yes, since they are rare machines, people tend to pay high for them.
I buy & sell motos many times a year, this is the first time I come across the NM4 in my area.
Got a good deal by showing up with cash & within 48 hours of sale ad listing.

Last edited:
Not sure what Honda was thinking when they came out with that model. If I recall, it was quite expensive.
IMO it’s one of those things Honda does simply because they can. No other manufacturer would take the opportunity and the risk. Starting with a 50cc GP bike that turned 20,000 rpm, 6 cylinder 250cc GP, the 750 four, CBX, Goldwing, Rune, DN-01, Fury, even the New Concept series of parallel twins that chased efficiency over horsepower. Some changed the future of motorcycles, some not so much.

This is what I've seen on the interwebs, does the center stand look like NC700??

w1tzHTR.jpg

MfjaHD7.jpg

8JOjFrS.jpg

Yes, since they are rare machines, people tend to pay high for them.
I buy & sell motos many times a year, this is the first time I come across the NM4 in my area.
Got a good deal by showing up with cash & within 48 hours of sale ad listing.
Looks too short compared with the X but the bodywork could contribute to the appearance of lower design ground clearance.

IMO it’s one of those things Honda does simply because they can. No other manufacturer would take the opportunity and the risk. Starting with a 50cc GP bike that turned 20,000 rpm, 6 cylinder 250cc GP, the 750 four, CBX, Goldwing, Rune, DN-01, Fury, even the New Concept series of parallel twins that chased efficiency over horsepower. Some changed the future of motorcycles, some not so much.
Honda also just does things to learn from. About two decades ago, they started a successful downhill mountainbike team (Honda G-Cross) and built a type of mountainbike that was unheard of at the time and they did pretty well. Pretty much everything was non-standard about that bike. Most talked about was the internal gearbox, but they also got Kayaba and Showa to produce suspension units for their bikes only. When they left the scene, all bikes got destroyed and few have seen what their gearbox looked like and how it worked. Even though loads of suspension brands have been involved in both motorcycle as well as mountainbike suspension (WP, Marzocchi, Ohlins, Fox...), both Kayaba and Showa came and left along with Honda. I think it is a great mindset. If they think they can learn from it because it is challenging and unchartered territory, they'll dive into it. I also think it is good for their image. You don't only want to come across the brand that makes reliable bikes. You also need to show you're willing to try new things, lead rather than follow.

Hey now, look at my profile pic, there are far worse looking bikes than a VV and it handles like its on rails. :cool:
Anyone venture a guess where this pic was taken?

1718991363557.png

Back