• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

question regarding passenger back rest??

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
after the fiasco of the previous post regarding the passenger backrest.
it seems that I can't please every one.
price's I have tried to keep them low as possible but it is difficult due postage charge and other
cost restraint, the pads are made in Vietnam for the vespa/lambretta scooter followers and this where I get them from.
if you have a problem with this ,then you can purchase your own if you want ??
anyway I'm now considering to discontinue in making these passenger back rest or other.
now the question is do you guys think that I should or not continue to make these.
either way its fine by me as my main income comes from classic bikes to which I do very well.
I don't mean to sound negative but I can't of any other way to put it across.cheers in advance. john

johnakay,
I think your product is very nice. Looks great and is very useable.
If some people don't like it, then thats there opinion.
It cost money to ship things across the pond. Thats how it is.
They should realize that.

Keep up the great work.

Ken

Johnakay,
The pictures I've seen look artful. It's as clean an execution of the idea as any "professional" company makes.
One unhappy customer is not a lot in the big wide world.
If it's profitable, keep making them.
best wishes.

John,
I will post a pic as soon as I get it. Should be here soon. Your product is good, we all understand the constraints of shipping over the pond. Manufacturing goods has its ups and downs. Thanks!

my I love that red colour!
ok guys thanks for your support and replies.
so it look like I'll continue to make them.
I'm considering in making a little rack to fit onto the frunk lid with suction cups and tie down for carrying a map or light goods.
do you think it a good idea or not. bare in mind that the lid is plastic obviously ;).
some thing along the line of this but in black, it will be cheaper if I supplied bare for you to paint.
I have an agreement with the powder coating man for a set price whether small or large.so it will be cheaper to do it yourself.
it'll be made from 6mm bright round bar. price will be around the £12 plus p&p bare.
$T2eC16NHJIgFHR-NehKmBSDL7WV-Q!~~60_12.jpg

If you try to please everyone you will fail and be miserable. Do what makes you happy. If you enjoy making the backrests and the satisfaction of happy customers then keep doing it but know there will always be some who will not be satisfied. Seems you've made it clear what the product is. You are building these to be affordable. They are what they are. If others can't accept that, leave it their problem. Don't take it on yourself and spoil something you enjoy.

Of course if you don't enjoy it to start with then why do it?

my I love that red colour!
ok guys thanks for your support and replies.
so it look like I'll continue to make them.
I'm considering in making a little rack to fit onto the frunk lid with suction cups and tie down for carrying a map or light goods.
do you think it a good idea or not. bare in mind that the lid is plastic obviously ;).
some thing along the line of this but in black, it will be cheaper if I supplied bare for you to paint.
I have an agreement with the powder coating man for a set price whether small or large.so it will be cheaper to do it yourself.
it'll be made from 6mm bright round bar. price will be around the £12 plus p&p bare.
$T2eC16NHJIgFHR-NehKmBSDL7WV-Q!~~60_12.jpg
suction cups like this one x 4
$(KGrHqF,!qsFGhQbe(vrBRqDm(8E8g~~60_12.jpg

That would be nice on the back for tail bags and such.if you like making the backrest. then do it.someone will ask for one i am sure.

I may have a go at making some thing similar to these to,during winter months.
with having a dct there doesnt seem to be any available to protect the case's in a light fall or just tumble over when loosing your ballance.
Ill just use the lower mounts on my givi bars for mounts.
755d1371387869-engine-guard-thailand-eng-guard-1.jpg

Here is a pic of my backpack attached to the backrest that John made. Oh, you thought the backrest was for my passenger? NOT! I use it to attach items to the rear carrier which I plan on never putting a trunk on!

20130913_075026.jpg

As promised John - no problems on install that a hammer couldn't fix.

HAMMER!! WHAT DID YA HAVTA DOAHHHHHHH

I like the idea of a small rack fixed by suction cups on my boot lid.....:) I'll have one please...
sorry I got my price wrong.but if your still interested pm me.
powder coat will cost more as I've got a set agreement large or small same price the the chap who does p/coat.

Looks good FlaNc. John makes a good product for the price and for any of you Nah-Sayers out there you can't be picky when no one else even makes such a thing! If Honda took feedback seriously for this bike they would have made such a backrest available for there OEM rack. And fix there horrible stock seat as well of course! But thanx for John he picked up where Honda slacked off! Cheers John. image.jpg

no reason why I can't make a drivers back rest if any one is wanting one.
once my bike is off the road I may make one.

Passenger backrest still available?

If so, can it be easily removed when I don't need it on?

Thanks, Joe

Back