• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

underdoug

Reaction score
Visit site
Like many riders, I find the stock set inadequate. I slide forward, like everyone else.

I also have pain in my inner thighs after an hour or so. The transition from horizontal to vertical along the side of the seat is probably too short relative to my short legs and too hard. My butt doesn't really get too sore, probably because I am always sliding forward so I am not on the hardest part of the seat.

I ride a 2014 NC750X.
I would also like to add a heater.

What might be good solution to this particular problem? I know of:
but I don't know which is likely the best for my scenario, and shipping to Canada may be pricey.

I have a 2021 Honda NC750xd and had both my front and pillion seat(s) redone by Seth Laam. A number of others on this forum also had a Seth revise their seats and a search can probably give you some feedback as to their satisfaction.
His website is at https://www.laamseats.com/ and looks like it gives a fairly thorough oversight about his work. And as many people including Seth will tell you call him to start the discussion, not text or email.
Finally, he's located in Redding, California so shipping may not be prohibitive but he can tell you best.

If sliding forward onto the narrow front of the seat is part or all of the problem a low cost solution is to simply raise the front of the seat about 1/2 to 5/8". This modification has helped many riders keep the stock seat.

Rest In Peace Showkey.

I have solved my NC’s seat problem, as have probably thousands of others, but one solution does not fit all. I’d love to discuss it, but there are volumes of seat modification posts already on the forum. Searching the forum will yield more ideas and suggestions than we could repeat here in yet another seat thread.

Reactions: MZ5
I ride a 2014 NC750X.
I would also like to add a heater.

What might be good solution to this particular problem? I know of:
but I don't know which is likely the best for my scenario, and shipping to Canada may be pricey.

The 'best' solution is to make a seat yourself, for yourself. You buy various foams, cut, slice, and shape them to suit you until you're happy with it, and then re-cover the seat. Personally, I'd take the seat to an unholstery shop for the re-cover rather than doing that step myself.

This method can yield a better-than-all-other-options seat, if you've the time and willingness to do it. Hardly anyone does, IME. The one challenge here is the heat. That's an(other) area where the upholstery shop can be of help.

If you're really just looking for aftermarket seat makers, the thread here has already provided some excellent options, and the myriad prior threads on the topic have more. Look in the 700 sub-forums rather than here in the 750 sub-forums, as the 750 set didn't exist at first, and so for several years all discussions were in the 700 set.

Back